Death on lovers lake

You already know I have an obsession with making playlists... so here is my Steve one

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5ju5WU1di8I4T44gsMlsYl?si=Ala5rdqmQJSen9s424ehdA

Eddie quickly made his way over to the back of the boat and tried to start the motor so that the two of them could get out of there quickly, "Come on! Just come on!" Eddie begged the motor as he tried to start it over and over, but there was nothing but a few sputter noises, "come on you piece of shit! You gotta help us. Come on, you gotta help me out here man," Eddie begged the motor again.

The sinking feeling in his chest was only growing wider and wider as he begged the motor to start. Thoughts of what Jason and Patrick would do to him and Adira if they caught them began to fill his mind. He needed to get him and Adira out of there but he knew the chances were slim, Jason and Patrick were two of the top athletes in the school and he was just a freak who played dungeons and dragons in the school basement with a bunch of teenagers, "Shit Adira the stupid thing wont start!"

Adira kept paddling as she watched Jason and Patrick begin to undress and take their shoes off before jumping into the water and beginning to swim over to the boat, "oh fuck. Shit on a stick," Adira muttered out quickly and kept paddling, scared that the two boys were going to catch up to them and then hurt Eddie, "Eddie it wont work! This thing hasn't been used in god knows how long, our best chance is to just paddle out of here."

"Come on! Come on you piece of shit!" Eddie growled in annoyance as he began to hit the side of the motor box, praying for a miracle, however, he knew that nothing was going to happen and the only chance that the two of them had to get out of there was if the two of them worked together to paddle away, "come on! god dammnit! Nope, okay. All right, okay," Eddie said and gave it one last whack before moving away from it in annoyance and grabbing onto his oar.

"You shouldn't of  come back with me, you should be with the others right now where it is safe," Eddie huffed as he pushed the stupid stick through the water to move the boat, "you should have just went with Steve, he can protect you better than me!" Eddie huffed out, his mind racing as he thought about what would happen to Adira once they get caught

"Eddie it doesn't matter where I am, its still dangerous. And if I wasn't here then you would be doing all of this by yourself! We just need to work together and get the hell out of here!" Adira said to him, reaching up quickly to wipe some sweat off her forehead before quickly putting it back on the oar

Eddie was at the front of the boat and the two of them were paddling as fast as they could, occasionally looking back over their shoulder at the two boys in the water who were seemingly gaining speed and catching up to them. "We cant do this Adira!" Eddie exclaimed, the pain in his arms growing beyond imaginable

"Come on Eddie, we need to get out of here!" Adira begged him, trying to keep on paddling. Eddie stopped as the boys were almost reaching the back of the boat. They weren't even half way across the lake yet and Jason and Patrick were both hot on their tail.

Eddie gave up on paddling, grabbed his oar and began to wave it over the boys head's "Stay back! get back! Hey stay back man! Stay back!" Eddie yelled as he warned the boys, threatening to hit them with the oar in his hand.

Patrick had stopped swimming and was about a meter behind Jason. Adira looked over at the boy and felt her skin get covered in goosebumps and she was filled with a sudden feeling of dread and fear, "shit shit shit!" Adira exclaimed as she stopped paddling and tried to concentrate, wanting to get into Patrick's mind so that she could try and help him.

She closed her eyes and slowed her breathing down but no matter how hard she tried and how much she focused, she couldn't do it. The boat was rocking too much and there was too much yelling, she couldn't seem to concentrate. "Hey c'mon man, we have almost got them!" Jason yelled out to Patrick, also noticing that the boy had fallen behind, "Hey Patrick! Patrick!"

Jason stopped swimming as he began to realise that there was something wrong with the boy. He had been acting weird the whole day, but Jason had just brushed it off, but now it was going too far.

"Patrick, don't listen to the clock okay, listen to me!" Adira called out to the boy, a desperate tone in her voice, "think of your favourite song okay! Imagine your favourite song and sing it!" Adira begged the boy, but he couldn't hear her, all he could hear were the chimes of the clock and the cruel sound of his father's voice calling out to him.

Patrick was suddenly pulled under the water, causing all of the teens to flinch back slightly in fear. "Patrick! Hey Patrick!" Jason called out to his friend, looking at the water as he waited for the boy to resurface. Adira felt her breath get caught in her throat, it was too late.

"Shit!" Adira exclaimed before she quickly dived off the boat and jumped straight down into the water, she went under the cool liquid and opened her eyes, looking around for the boy as she held her breath, turning in different directions to try and see him. 

Due to the time of night it was almost impossible to see anything under the water, the moon only supplying a slither of light in the top surface part of the water. Eddie was about to jump off the boat to go and find her but he stopped when he realised that she didn't want him to do that, and nothing was going to happen to Adira. Patrick was the one Vecna was going after right now, so that meant Adira was safe.

Jason was looking around anxiously as they stayed under the water. Eddie was losing his patience as another 20 seconds past, "alright, that's it," he said quickly and went to jump into the water but stopped at the sudden sound of splashing

Adira resurfaced, taking in a large gasp as she looked at the two boys, " I cant find him!" She cried out, her body shaking from the cold water that was lapping at her skin. Suddenly Patrick shot out of the water and was lifted up into the sky about 8 meters into the air. The waves knocked Eddie straight off the boat; Jason and Adira were both staring up at Patrick with horror on their faces as his bones began to snap, his limbs shooting in different directions.

Eddie resurfaced and looked up at the boy in fear, not believing that he was watching it all over again, first Chrissy and now Patrick. A choked out sob left Adira's lips as she looked up at her friend who was now dead, murdered by Vecna. His eyes were then ripped back into his head and then his body fell back into the water with a large splash, right between Jason and Adira.

Adira let out a choked sob as she looked ahead at her friend who was now floating lifelessly on the surface of the water, "Patty?" she whispered to him and went to swim over to the boy, praying that there was something that she could do to help him... but she knew it was too late. He was dead.

Eddie swam over to Adira who was now crying, "Come on Love, we gotta get outta here," Eddie muttered out to her softly, grabbing onto her waist under the water and then swimming her back over to the boat, helping her in before he pulled himself in

"I need to help him," Adira choked out softly as she sat there shivering, "I should have saved him... I couldn't do it, I wasn't good enough," Adira cried softly as Eddie put his oar down and walked over to her, getting down in front of her face so that she was looking at him. He grabbed her face gently in his hands

"Don't blame yourself Adira, it wasn't your fault okay," Eddie promised her and then leaned forwards and pressed a kiss on the top of her head, letting his lips press softly against her cold, delicate skin for a few moments before pulling away, "we need to get out of here before the police come. But I need you to know, that this wasn't your fault and there was nothing that you could have done. That anyone could have done."

Eddie hesitated before grabbing his oar again and then paddling the rest of the way to the other side of the shore as Adira stayed silent, with an occasional sob falling from her lips as tears ran down her face.

Jason was frozen in shock, he couldn't believe what he had just seen. It took him a few moments to register what had just happened before he swam over to his friend and then pulled him back to shore, forgetting about the chase.