Cooped Up

The closest place for them to go after leaving Eddie's trailer was Maxine's house across the small road that ran through the trailer park. They made sure to put back everything where it had been before they went there, even though it was unlikely the police would be going back there any time soon.

Nancy and Adira were shaking from what they had experienced. Steve was comforting Nancy while Eddie had his arms wrapped around Adira, whispering sweet things into her ear in an attempt to calm her down, though nothing really seemed to be working.  Other than Eddie's soft whispers to his girl, none of them had spoken a single word as they left the trailer, it was clear that Adira and Nancy were too freaked out to explain what had happened to them that night so they all decided that they would go over to Maxine's house and get some sleep and then talk about it all tomorrow.

When they had got back to the house, they checked over Steve and Adira's wounds more carefully and made sure that they were all wrapped up properly now so that neither of them would bleed out over night. Adira's wounds were much worse than Steve's but they had finally pretty much stopped the bleeding and given her a bunch of pain killers to try and numb the pain.

Nancy and Erica got the two couches while Robin and the boys slept on the floor around the lounge room. Maxine and Adira had gone into Max's room like they always did when they had sleepovers. Max pulled back the blankets and turned the fan on before she laid down in bed, her headphones pulled over her ears, obviously not planning on falling asleep.

She expected Adira to come and lay down next to her but was surprised to see that Adira had sat down at her desk, a pen and paper in hand. Adira rubbed her eyes tiredly and stared at the paper in front of her for a while, trying to decide if she should write the letters or not. But finally, she decided that she was going to write letters to the people she cared dearly about.

"What are you doing?" Maxine asked her in confusion, pulling her headphones off her ears and then placing them around her neck so that she could hear Adira's response. Adira turned in the chair to face Max who was wearing pj shorts and an oversized shirt, her hair thrown up into a bun.

"Just some letters," Adira replied softly. Max was surprised to hear that. Did Adira really think that something was going to happen to her? Max nodded her head and then pulled her headphones back up over her ears after Adira turned back around and began writing.

The first person that she wrote to was her brother, then Max, Eleven, Robin and Nancy, then Eddie and finally Lucas, Dustin, Will and Mike. She spent hours writing the letters, there wasn't much writing in many of them, she didn't really know what to say... she just told them the things she thought she would want them to know if things went south for her.

She tucked the paper into a neat pile and then grabbed a blank piece of paper and wrote 'only read if I kick the bucket or I'll kick your ass - Addy' on the front and placed it neatly on the top of the pile before finally making her way back over to the bed and laying down next to Maxine who pulled one side of the headphones off her head.

"Do you think something bad is going to happen to you?" Maxine asked her carefully, her eyes holding a certain sadness as she looked over at the girl who she viewed as an older sister. Maxine couldn't imagine what it would be like for her to lose Adira. Adira had been the first person to talk to her when she got to Hawkins and the first person to befriend her... even when Adira had first found out that Billy was her brother, she hadn't made fun of Max or tried to stay away from her despite how annoying she found the Hargrove boy.

Not to mention the fact that Max pretty much hadnt gone a single day since when she first arrived in Hawkins to now, without talking to Adira. She doubted she could ever be closer with someone than how close she was with Adira.