Max's Mind pt.3

"Run, Max you need to get the hell out of here!" Adira quickly said to Max and pushed her forwards as a bunch of vines flew out towards them. Adira managed to push Max out of the way in time before the vines wrapped around Adira's leg and pulled her to the ground roughly, making the girl's small and fragile body hit the ground with a loud thud.

Max stopped running and went to grab the girl and help her back up but Adira shook her head, "No, get out of here! I'll be fine you just need to get out of here," Adira exclaimed before fiddling through her pockets desperately as she was dragged along the ground roughly.

She pulled her butterfly knife out of her pocket and flipped it around quickly before trying to cut into the vines holding onto her ankles, "Shit, shit, shit!" Adira exclaimed as she was suddenly flung up into the air, her blade falling out of her hand and clattering onto the ground before more vines wrapped around her and held her in front of Vecna.

"NO!" Adira screamed as she watched vines wrap around Maxine and quickly pull her to the ground and drag her over to one of the posts, the vines held her firmly against the post and began to wrap around her neck, choking her whilst Adira was held in the air in front of Vecna like a display, "Let her go!" Adira growled, struggling against the vines angrily, "Let her go and you can kill me instead! please I beg you!" Adira cried out, "take me instead!"

Max tried to shake her head and disagree but she couldn't move or say anything as the vines around her tightened more and more by the seconds. Vecna looked at Adira with a smirk, "oh well how noble of you. You know I didn't realise who you were until that night at the star court mall when you ruined everything and managed to get into that weak boy's mind and get him out of my control," Vecna informed her, "though to give the boy credit, everytime he saw you he fought well against me, you should have heard the way he cried out to you.... it was pathetic really."

Adira didn't say anything and instead pursed her lips and then suddenly let a huge swab of spit fly out from her lips, landing on the mans face, "Dont talk about him," Adira growled, her venom laced tone let him know that he had hit a nerve. Vecna's jaw clenched tightly as he looked at the girl he considered to be a pest that was in front of him. He wanted to kill her, but he wanted to make her suffer first, he wanted to make her suffer even more than he had already made her suffer which was why he didn't plan on killing her.

"When I was in his mind, all he seemed to think about was you. He tried to threaten me that If I hurt you then he would kill me, it brought me great amusement to listen to that boy's weak and petty threats," Vecna informed her

"Shut up," Adira snapped at him, not wanting to hear it.

"You're the girl that used to come to the lab every Wednesday night and talk to Papa, I remember how badly he was trying to convince your mother to let you stay with him in the lab so that he could experiment on you," Vecna said. Maxine was looking between Adira and Vecna with wide eyes, slowly beginning to connect the dots, "but your mother didn't let that happen so Papa made those pills that would completely suppress your abilities as long as you took them... such a shame you know, from what I heard, you held great potential, I could have used a partner like you."

"I would have never helped a monster like you," Adira growled at the man. A vine suddenly wrapped around her throat, it began to cut off her air supply but it wasn't tight enough to stop her ability to talk

"Maybe... or maybe not," Vecna replied slowly before turning around to look at Maxine

"Well, which one is it?" Lucas cried out as they quickly sifted through the tapes to try and find the right tape and song. They were becoming more and more flustered as the situation got worse. Lucas had told them that Max liked to listen to Kate Bush, but he couldn't remember what song it was, "what is her favourite song?"