Finally over

"Guys hey, what are you doing?" Steve asked with a laugh, he still had a giant smile on his face, his heart beating fast from the adrenaline pumping through his veins. They had defeated Vecna, it was all over, "I say we get home, grab a couple of beers and play a few family games."

"Seriously, guys you should be ecstatic right now, it's finally over," Robin laughed with a wide grin, "Adira can you believe it, we finally beat that giant boogers ass!" She laughed loudly.

All they could really see was the back of Eddie and Dustin leaning over something. They were about 10 meters away and they were walking closer, now hearing the loud sobs escaping the two boys

"Where's Bambi?" Steve asked in confusion as he looked around them, trying to find his sister, "has she already gone back? What, the idiot couldn't wait for us?" He chuckled.

But then he put two and two together, the sobs, the silence, and finally what Dustin was leaning over, "no..."

The trios smiles dropped instantly, their hearts dropping to the bottom of their chests as they stopped dead in their tracks for a few moments. Steve and Nancy ran over to them while Robin just stood there, wide eyed and mouth agape as she felt her whole world come crashing down around her.

She couldn't believe it, this had to be some kind of a prank, a joke. It's impossible, there's no way that something happened to her, "no no no no," she cried out, "addy no!" She tried to run over but her knees buckled out from under her and she fell to the ground with a loud thump, ripping open her knees on the harsh ground below.

Steve and Nancy ran over, they could hear Robin yelling out in pain behind them, calling out for Adira. By the time they made it over to Adira, she was barely conscious, but she was still alive.

"Ste-" she wanted to say goodbye to the boy. Hell, there were so many things that she wanted to say to him, but she couldn't get any of her world out. She wanted to tell him that she loved him, more than anyone or anything, that he was the most important person in her life. She wanted to thank him for everything that he had ever done for her, she wanted to tell him that he was the best brother that she could have ever asked for, she wanted to apologise for leaving him.

Leaving him... he was going to have to deal with their parents all by himself now, he'll be in that big house all by himself. They'd never gone more than a few days without seeing each other and now he was about to spend a whole lifetime without her.

"Don't. Hey, please don't leave me okay," his voice was breaking as he sobbed over his sisters dying body. The look that she gave him was enough to tell him that she was giving up, "hey stop that, you are going to be okay, you're gonna be okay," he choked out, struggling to get his words past his lips as they got caught in his throat, "you are going to be just fine alright. I can't lose you Adira, you're everything to me."

He had a small smile on his face, but the smile was shaky and forced, the sight made Adira's heart completely shatter. She wanted to hug him, to tell him that she was okay but she couldn't move, she couldn't move her lips, or her arms... nothing. "You're okay," he looked up to look at Nancy, Dustin and Eddie, "she's alright. She's alright, she's fine. She's just a little banged up, but the doctors can fix her."

Dustin broke down again, Eddie grabbed onto him and pulled him into his chest, the two of them bawling their eyes out. Eddie cried into Dustin's shoulder whilst Dustin cried in Eddie's shirt. Neither of them could bare to watch the scene in front of them for any longer, the sound of Adira gasping for breath as Steve cried over her was killing them enough

"Hey, you told me remember? You told me that you were always going to be by my side, that we were gonna get outta here," he choked out, he leaned forwards and buried his head in her stomach and his composure completely eroded, leaving desperation and panic, "you promised me!"