Onto something

Nancy walked up behind the girls and peered at the article from over their shoulders. Surprised that the weekly watchers might actually have something that could prove to be useful.

"According to several insiders, Victor believed that his house was haunted by an ancient demon. Victor allegedly hired a priest to exercise the demon from his home," Robin reads and turns to look at Nancy and Adira, "that's pretty novel for the 50's."

"Yeah but the real question is, is it reliable?" Adira muttered out and waited for Robin to keep on reading, "I mean, I love the Weekly Watchers, but I don't exactly believe a lot of the Shit that they say in their articles."

"I mean the exorcist wasn't even out yet," Robin said with raised eyebrows and a small shrug of her shoulders

"Keep... keep going," Nancy said, clearly growing impatient and actually interested in the article that they had finally found

Robin changed it to the next page and kept reading, "okay so... okay, Victor claimed that this exorcism failed but it angered this demon which then murdered his family, removing their eyes," Robin says looking at Nancy, asking if Nancy believed that this could be the article that they were looking for, "Victor believed that he was spared as a punishment."

"Yeah well that is pretty convenient for Victor," Nancy says, still a firm believer that Victor wa behind it and not some kind of demon

"Yeah, or super inconvenient," Robin argued

"Robins right, I mean, imagine losing all of your family and you are just left all alone, not to mention the fact that he was declared legally insane by the court and found guilty for murdering his family," Adira muttered out feeing sympathy for the guy that she had never met before. There was just something in her mind telling her that he wasn't guilty

Robin nodded her head quickly and turned to Nancy, "Adira is right, I mean what if he was declared legally insane because he thought there was a demon in his house. I mean it sounds pretty insane, it just didn't go public because-"

"The plea bargain. The records were sealed," Nancy cut in over Robin, figuring out what Robin and Adira were implying.

And they knew they were finally onto something

"What if a demon really did invade Victor's home?" Robin said, a small smile on her face due to the fact her and Nancy were finally agreeing on something, "it's just, this demon wasn't just any old demon..."

"It was Vecna." Nancy and Adira both say simultaneously, the three of them were sharing a look.

"Time to report back," Adira said as they pulled the article roll out of the machine and put it back in its box, "alright let's pack all this shit up and then get the hell outta here, I gotta check on Max."

"Wait what's wrong with Max?" Robin asked in confusion

"Nothing, I just need to make sure she's okay, better to be safe than sorry," Adira lied and walked away from them so she could begin putting everything back to where they had found it.

—————————-

"Hey guys, do you copy?" Robin asked the other group through the Walkie-talkie as they quickly ran down the stairs and made their way over to Nancys car. They hadn't realised how long they were actually in there, it was dark outside now.

"Yeah we copy," Dustin replied. His voice was calm as he talked to them, making Adira visibly relax, it meant that all of them must of been okay

"Good. Okay so Nancy is a genius," Robin told them excitedly through the walkie-talkie, "Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bullseye," Robin was too modest. Because the way Adira saw it, both of them were geniuses and both played major parts in finding out the information that they had gained from their little adventure

"Okay, that's totally bonkers but I can't talk really talk right now," Dustin said and his voice did indeed NOT sound nice and calm. Adira was filled with panic, her heart dropping to her stomach

Adira grabbed her walkie talkie out of her pocket instantly and brought it to her mouth, "hey what do you mean by that? Are you guys okay? Where are Max and Steve? Did something happen to them?" Her voice was filled with concern and Steve knew his sister was going to kill him when she found out what was happening

"Yeah yeah we are all fine, we are breaking and entering into a school to retrieve some extremely confidential and personal files," Dustin explained into the walkie.

The girls all shared a look before Robin began to speak into the walkie again, "I'm sorry. Could you repeat that?" Robin asked them, thinking that they must have misunderstood what they had said

"Just get you asses over here. Stat," Dustin growled at them through the walkie before shoving it back into his pocket, "we will explain everything."

"I swear to god imma kill them myself one day," Adira growled and they all climbed into the car, "they do the most stupid and dangerous shit and of course they do it when we aren't there."

"I thought that they were talking to ms Kelly," Nancy complained as she pulled her door shut behind her

"We leave them alone for two hours," Robin complained and pulled her door shut

"And Steve says he is the babysitter, yet we are always saving his ass and looking after him,"Adira groaned. Nancy started the car and they began to drive towards the school. Adira was staring out of her window, they had been driving for about 4 minutes when she saw the boat house come into view, "hey wait, stop the car. Right outside of that boat house there Nance."

Nancy looked confused but she did as she was told and pulled up outside of the boat house, "what are you doing, I thought we were meant to be going to the school."

"Eddie should come with us, he shouldn't just be left here cold and out of the loop," Adira said and quickly climbed out of the car, "I'll be in and out." She ran into the boathouse and threw the door open. Eddie was standing there with an oar raised above his head.

Eddie was about to wack the unknown person with it but stopped as the sweet, familiar voice echoed through his ears, "Eddie? It's me Adira," she quickly called out and he dropped the oar with a relieved sigh.

"Oh thank god, what are you doing here? Are you okay, did something happen?" Eddie asked her in confusion, his eyes skimmed over her, making sure that there were no clear injuries on the girl. His face was filled with concern but he visibly calmed down when he couldn't find any injuries

"You said you were bored so I figured you might wanna help us figure all this shit out," Adira said quickly, "we gotta go tho, so if you're coming with us, you gotta come now."

"Yeah, of course," Eddie said, "I tried to get in contact with you about an hour ago to check on you but I couldn't get ahold of you, I was worried. I thought that maybe something had happened to you."

Adira felt heat rise to her cheeks, "you don't need to worry about me Eddie, but thank you," Adira told him with a small smile

"Hey, you and Dustin are just about my only friends right now, so as far as I'm concerned it's my job to worry about you," Eddie told her with a grin

"Don't worry Eddie, I'm sure the rest of hellfire will be on your side when they figure out what is happening," Adira explained to him.

Eddie nodded his head and the two of them ran out to the car.