Watergate

Adira and Steve swam down to the bottom of the lake as fast as they could, not wanting to worry the others and not wanting to run out of water. They make it to the bottom and begin to use their lights to look for anything, a look of disgust falling upon their faces as they find a bunch of fish skeletons on the floor.

Steve and Adira shared a confused and uneasy look, it wasn't normal for a bunch of fish skeletons to be pooled at the bottom of a lake like this, just in one spot. They looked around again and then stopped dead in their tracks as they saw the familiar and notorious red luminescence coming up from the ground. Adira and Steve shared a small dreadful look before swimming over to it quickly.

It had to be a gate, they were sure of it. They swam over to the light, there were no fishes in sight and the water seemed to get colder the closer that they got to it, chills running down their spines as they neared it. Finally, after sifting through seaweed, they made it over to the source of light and floated over it, looking down at the gate below them, it wasn't that big but it was big enough for them to get through there. 

Adira watched Steve reach out towards it and panic set in as she reached over and grabbed his wrist, he looked over at her to see her shaking his head at him, worry on her face. He gave her a small assuring look and nodded his head softly. Adira hesitated before letting go of his wrist and watching him reach back down towards it again. He touched the thin layer for a few short moments and then something on the other side reciprocated his actions, scaring the two teens.

They dropped their torches and quickly swum back up to the surface of the lake, resurfacing from the cool liquid with loud gasps as they tried to get as much oxygen as they could back into their lungs. The three teens who had been leaning over the boat in worry, waiting for them to come back up all flinched back in surprise as they resurfaced, scared out of their minds.

"Oh jesus christ!" Eddue muttered as he put his hand to his heart, trying to calm himself down from the fright that he had just received from the sudden resurfacment of the teens. He quickly made his way back over to the side of the boat, looking down at Adira, "oh thank god you're alright."

"If you call freezing my tits off in a big ass lake in the middle of the night alright, then yes, yes I'm alright," Adira said with a small nod, sending a grin over to Eddie who finally felt a sense of relief, knowing that she was okay. He was just about ready to jump in the water and go after her to make sure that she was alright.

"We found it," Steve and Adira both spat out, shaking slightly from the cold water that was nipping at their skin, they used their arms to stay above the water, pushing the water down to keep them up. The three people in the boat looked down at them in shock and excitement as the words left their mouths

"You found it?" Nancy asked them quickly, not being able to believe her ears. She couldn't believe there was actually a gate under lovers lake. Whilst it obviously wasn't a good thing that there was a gate to another dimension in the lake, it was good for them at the moment because it meant they they had a way to get to the upside down and fight Vecna, and hopefully kill him before he killed anyone else. 

"We found it, yeah. We found it," Steve said out of breath as he grabbed the side of the boat and went to climb in, wanting to get out of the cold water as soon as possible, however he realised it probably wasn't the best idea, there was already too many people in the boat and the boat was on the verge of falling apart, if he tried to climb in then it would probably tip over, their best bet was to just swim back over to the bank of the lake

"It was fucking nasty down there though I gotta say, there were dead fish and shit everywhere, it was a very fishy scene," Adira muttered out, reaching her arms up our of the water to also grab onto the side of the boat, her teeth beginning to chatter as the cool night air blew against her already wet skin.