Into the Unknown

She kept her eyes closed, continuing to try and get into Nancy's mind the way that she had been taught brefly when her mother had left for the bathroom, leaving her and the white-haired doctor alone for a few minutes, he had taken those few minutes to tell her that she should embrace her powers and learn how to use it instead of taking medication to subdue it. 

Her mother had caught him trying to teach her how to enter one of the other nurse's minds as she came back from the toilet and she began to lose her shit, ordering the doctor to give her the medication so that they could leave, and after that, she had never let her go back, instead, her mother paid him to send them the medication in the mail.

And while this small lesson had helped her get into Max's mind back at the grave yard, it was not helping her right now as she tried to get into Nancy's mind, she had been weakened from all the injuries she had obtained and she was finding it a lot more difficult, not to mention it wasn't something she had trained for, it's not like she could control when she would hear peoples thoughts, it only happened sometimes and it only happened randomly.

"Ah shit, fuck this," Adira groaned out before pushing herself off the floor and running back over to the dirty mattress and rope. There was a puddle of blood on the floor of Eddies trailer where she had been sitting and a small trail of crimson droplets followed her on the ground as she walked around. She didn't care about how injured she was at the moment though, Nancy was her friend and she had to help her, not to mention her brother would never forgive her if she hadn't done everything that she could to help Nancy.

Eddie and Robin looked at her in worry whilst the others stared at her in confusion. Adira seemed to be in a great rush as she peered up at Steve and Robin from their dimension.

"Hey hey, no way, I know what you're thinking and the answer is no," Eddie quickly commented, following after her. He reached out and softly grabbed ahold of her wrist, a troubled look on his face as he looked down at her desperately, "you know you don't need to always try and be the hero Harrington," Eddie tried to remind her

Adira pulled her wrist free from his grasp and shook her head. "If I can help, then I have to help," Adira replied and grabbed ahold of the rope once more, pulling herself up, "it's the right thing to do and it's what I am always going to do."

Her bloody hands grasped the rough material of the dirty sheet rope and then she began to hoist herself up, she struggled slightly so Eddie quickly grabbed onto her hips and helped lift her up before she fell straight through, landing on the mattress next to Steve and Nancy with a loud huff and a sharp groan of pain. "Addy please, you need to help her," Steve begged her as he leant over and helped his sister stand up, keeping a grip on her to make sure that she didn't fall over

"Well, what the hell do you think I came back down here for dweeb," Adira replied as she gave him a pointed look before gazing her attention back on Nancy, a worried look quickly returning to her bruised and cut face. Adira walked over to her and grabbed ahold of the side of her arms, shutting her eyes and trying to concentrate, "can you cover my eyes please," she muttered out to her brother who hesitantly removed his hands from her arms and up to her eyes.

Adira took a few, short and shaky breaths before putting all of her focus on Nancy's mind, it only took a few moments before she was back in the red abyss-like area with the destructed remains of the creel house, "great..." she muttered out before looking around but stopping herself from looking further as she realised she was about to look over at where Chrissy's body was, "and of course, I'm back in this shit hole."

"Adira!" Adira quickly turned to face the direction of the familiar voice and saw Nancy running over to her, she looked terrified, her eyes wide and her bottom lip trembling as she ran over to Adira, thankful to see a familiar face but also hoping that it wasn't some trick that Vecna was trying to pull on her... like the pool and Barb.