Have to go back

Max waited patiently as the phone rang through, hoping that someone would actually answer the phone this time. They really needed 11 down here to help them, they knew that they wouldn't be able to do this without her but it didn't help when she was in a whole other state with her boyfriend and her new family.

As expected, once again nobody had answered the phone, Max rolled her eyes in frustration and then slammed the phone back down onto the receiver, placing her hands on her hips and then turning back around to face the others. "Anything?" Dustin asked her hopefully. Three days. Three whole days Max had been trying to ring them, but the phone always took them to the busy line.

"No," Max said as she shook her head and walked back over to her previous spot, crossing her arms over her chest as she went back to leaning against the door frame, "it ran a few times and then it went to the busy signal," Max explained to them.

"Maybe you punched it wrong. Try again," Steve suggested, clearly not wanting to see the obvious. There was no way that Max had rung the wrong number, she knew the number off by heart and this was the third time in the last half an hour that they didn't answer today. They weren't answering the phone.

"I didn't punch it in wrong," Max fired back, rolling her eyes at the older boy in annoyance. She hated it when he would boss her around, and she hated it even more when people say they she hadn't done something the right way. Adira could tell that Max was getting frustrated, she was using her frustration to cover up her fear, but Adira was able to see right through her facade.

"Well I don't know," Steve snapped as he flung his arms around in frustration. All of this was just turning to shit. They needed help, and of course the only person that could really help them was no where near, and they weren't answering the phone. They wouldn't have enough time to drive down and get her, they were running out of time quickly. Adira was worried that something was happening down in Lenora, it was super odd that they hadn't been able to get through to them for a full three days

"Dude I think that she knows how to use the phone," Dustin says in slight annoyance. Steve was clearly in denial and he always got annoying when that happened. Dustin however was not exactly soothing the tension in the room, his snide and sarcastic comments were only dulling then even more but it was his  coping mechanism so none of them were going to get mad at him

"Well I'm just saying. She could have typed it in wrong," Steve defended himself, sensing that some of the people around the room were beginning to get slightly annoyed with him. Everyone in the whole room was on edge, just about ready to snap at any one who even looked at them funny

"Come on Steve, we have called them a bunch of times today. Who the hell knows what they are doing, all I can't do is tell you what they aren't doing. Which is answering our calls," Adira groaned out as she ran her hand over her face, a frustrated groan falling out of her mouth

Max rolled her eyes once more and picked up the phone and dialled the number again, hearing the busy tone ringing through. She slammed it down and then walked into the lounge room, looking directly at Steve as she shrugged her shoulders, "same old shit."

"How is that possible?" Lucas asked in confusion

" I told you, Joyce has this telemarketer job so she is always on the phone all the time," Dustin said, feeling like he had been repeating himself for the tenth time, "Mike won't stop going on about it."

"Okay yeah but, this phone has been busy for what? Three whole fucking days now," Max complains, waving her arms around in frustration as she tried to figure out why the hell nobody was answering the phone. Even with the new job that Joyce had, there was no way that she was just on the phone all day for the last three days, something just wasn't adding up, "that's not Joyce. No way. Something is wrong."

Adira nodded her head, also finding it super suspicious that no one was answering the phone, "Max is right you know. There is no way that it is all just one big ass coincidence. It can't be."

Nancy stood up and walked over to the window with a solemn expression on her face, "I agree. Whatever is happening in Lenora is connected to all of this somehow. I am sure of it. But Vecna can't hurt them, not if he is dead," Nancy explains to them and then turns back around to face them all, she began to pace the room, a million thoughts running through her head as she quickly tried to come up with a plan to kill Vecna, "we have to go back in there. Back into the upside down," Nancy said to them all.

The group of teens all practically shuddered at the words as they left her mouth. They had just gotten out of there and none of them were too keen on going back in there just yet. All of them stayed silent, waiting for someone else to speak up, to scared to make a move. Adira nodded her head and walked over to Nancy, "Nancy is right. We don't have time to just sit around here and think things out, we need to go back and fry that mother fucker," Adira exclaimed, her face twisting into a look of anger as she thought about the man that had killed Chrissy and Billy along with the rest of the Hawkins civilians that he had taken along the way, "I hate to pull a Jason move right here, but his stupid ass fucking speech is gonna come in handy right now... obviously not to do with fucking basketball... but we need to kill Henry for what he has done, for what he plans to do. He killed Barb, and Chrissy and Fred, Patrick, Billy and Bob... he's ruining our fucking lives."

Eddie shook his head and stood up, "No." he snapped instantly, he ran his hands through his long hair in an irritated manner, "no no no no, we just fucking got out of that shit hole, and to be quite honest with you sweetheart, I didn't think you were getting out of there, hell I didn't think any of us were getting out of there. You are barely fucking alive and you want to go back in there? Yeah, no fucking way. I have not spent half my life pawning over you just to lose you right after I finally got you. We can just leave okay, all of us can just go... Hawkins can just look after itself, what the hell are we, a group of fucking kids, going to be able to do to stop him? Nothing. I plan on getting you and then getting the hell out of here," Eddie exclaimed. He had been in love with this girl for years, and of course now that he finally got her they were going to die, they were fighting some old guy with mind control powers. He had dreamt about them finally getting together, and this was not what he expected.

He wanted to have a life with her, he wanted to tour the world with his band, playing music while his girl watched him in the front row of all his shows. He wanted to travel the world with her, to live life to the max before finally settling down with her and starting a family. When he thought of his future, she was the main component. But when he looked at her right now, all he could see was the love of his life on the brink of death, her hair was a mess, she had blood seeping through her clothes and she was barley able to stand

Adiras face softened slightly as his words before shaking her head, "we have to do this Eddie, we can't just run from our problems okay. The rest of Hawkins doesn't even know what is going on, do you realise how cruel it would be for us to just pack our bags and leave? We need to help them, this is our home and we need to do everything that we can to protect it."

"I run Adira, that's all I do. I'm not like the rest of you okay? Im not brave like you, I don't know how you have all been doing it for this long, but this is all too much for me," Eddie exclaimed, his breathing was becoming rapid and loud as he tugged roughly on the ends of his hair, beginning to freak out. Adira walked over to him and took his face in her hands, tilting his head to make him look down at her

"We can't run. Eddie," Adira said, "but you can. Okay, you can go, leaves Hawkins, but I can't. I've lost so much and this is my chance to get revenge, I'm not gonna let that fucking past," Adira said firmly, he could see the fire blazing in her eyes, he could see how serious she was about this. She was fuming, she had had enough of Vecna and she wanted all of this to be over, she wanted pay back for everything he had done to the people that she cared about

"Im not going anywhere without you," Eddie choked out, somehow calming down as he peered down into her blue eyes, there was just something about them that was so soothing. Adira stood up on her tippy toes and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek

"If you change your mind at any time, you can go," Adira whispered into his ear before pulling away and taking a few steps back from him, "now let's make a fucking plan."