Cupcake

"Hey cupcake."

At first she thought that maybe she had just imagined it... maybe it was just wishful t thinking that maybe he was here. He could have been anywhere by now though, he had the whole afterlife to explore, he wouldn't just stick around at the place that he hated

"You just gonna pretend like you didn't hear me sweetheart," he said with a small laugh

Adira felt her eyes widen and her heart drop in her chest. She felt butterflys flutter around her chest. 'Does he really still have that affect on me?' she asked herself before turning to face the voice. Sure enough, there he was in all his glory, just standing there looking at her with his infamous smirk.

He was sweating slightly from playing basketball, his hair sticking to his forehead. He had a singlet on and his Hawkins basketball shorts

"B!" She called out loudly and ran over to him, tears falling down her face as she threw herself at him, jumping into his arms. He lifted her off the ground, spinning her around, breathing in her scent with a content look on his face, laughing in happiness.

He couldnt be more happy than what he was right now. Tears began to pool in his eyes as he wrapped his arms tighter around her, scared that if he were to let go then he would lose her all over again, "oh thank fuck," he whispered under he breath as he buried his face in her neck, placing a small kiss

"I've missed you so much," she cried out to him, "please don't leave me again B," she begged him

"i've got ya. Ive got ya sweetheart," he said with a small chuckle. Swinging her side to side softly as he allowed the warmth of her skin to wrap around around him like a blanket. He had missed this feeling so much.

"You're here? You waited for me?" she said, realising that there was no way in hell that Billy would be at the school unless he was waiting for her

"Of course I waited for you," he muttered out, a warm feeling erupting in his chest as the fact that she was really there finally began to set in, "I've been waiting for you this whole time, Chrissy and I watched and waited," Billy muttered, "there was no point in doing anything until a had my lady back by my side."

Adira pulled away from the hug and tilted her head to look up at him, staring up into the eyes that she had missed so much. The familiar feeling of going weak in the knees when they held eye contact began to settle in, "you watched?" She felt nauseous at the thought of him seeing her with someone else, and she felt embarrassed that he had seen her at her lowest for all these months

Billy grabbed her face in one hand and kept the other arm wrapped around her waist, holding her close to him. He nodded his head, a sad smile pulling on his lips, "it hurt to see you so sad but I've watched ever since I left."

"Are you mad at me?" She asked softly. She didn't have to say what about, because both of them instantly knew that she was talking about Eddie.

Billy shook his head, "what the hell would I have to be mad about?" He whispered to her gently, "the fact that you found someone who could make you feel happy again for a while? No way. I'm thankful," Billy said, though he would never admit how much it truely hurt him to see her with somebody else, he was thankful that Munson was there to make his girl feel okay for a while.

He had watched Adira go through everything. The way that she would cry herself to sleep every morning, crying out for him and then doing the same as soon as she woke up.

How she kept basically all of his stuff even though it cramped up her room. How she wore some of his clothes all the time but kept most of them hanging up in her closet, where she had removed her clothes and stashed them in her drawers, just so that they wouldn't lose his scent.

And the way that she blocked everyone out for so long and shut herself off, lying in the back seat of the Camaro while she would play his mixtapes and the mixtapes that he had made for her.

He watched how she stopped going to parties, and how she would always look for his face when she walked through school or the street or the shopping centre, even though she knew that he was gone.

He saw how strong she was for always taking care of max even though she reminded her so much of him.

And he watched how the light in her eyes returned when she began hanging out with Eddie. He gave her temporary happiness and relit the spark that had died out when Billy had died and for that, Billy was forever grateful for Eddie and all that he had done for Adira.

"I love you. So god damn much," she choked out, trying not to cry. All she had done for the last few days was cry, and now that she had Billy back, she didn't want to just sit there and cry, she wanted to jump around screaming, thanking the gods that they had been reunited again. She wanted to grab Billy and Chrissy and go explore the after life.

But she also wanted to check on her friends, she wanted to keep an eye on them even though she couldn't help them anymore.

But all she could do was breakdown as she looked at her late lover, feeling like putty in his loving arms. "Jesus fuck I'm going to need some serious therapy after all this shit," she muttered out and wrapped her arms around Billy again, never wanting to let go. She buried her face in his chest and breathed in his scent, he smelt exactly the same as she remembered.

Chrissy was sitting on the stands, a smile on her face. This was the happiest that she had seen Adira be in so so long. Chrissy had been the one to comfort Adira after Billy's death, so she knew how much it had really crushed her.

"You're such a cry baby," Billy chuckled and tan his fingers through her hair comfortingly as he struggled to hold back his own tears, "shh it's okay, I'm here. We're together again. I'm not leaving you again sweetheart," Billy told her certainly

"I'm sorry," she choked out as she broke down in his arms, embarrassed because all she had done since he saw her was cry.

"You aren't doing anything wrong. You have nothing to apologise for, okay?" He told her and grabbed her chin, tilting her head to look up at him. Her eyes had gone red from crying but she still looked drop dead gorgeous (a/n: ... drop dead 💀 I'm hilarious I know)

Billy leant down, his eyes darting between her eyes and her lips. Adira was unsure at first, wondering if this was wrong, but she pushed those thoughts aside. Adira smiled softly, and the two of them were hesitant at first. Their lips grazed against each others a few times, breath fanning across each others faces.

Billy didn't want to push her to do something that she didn't want to do or something that she might regret later on, she hadn't seen him in so long and she had been with someone else, but he needed this, and she did too.

Adira pushed her lips fully against his, she placed a kiss on his lips and drew back a bit but Billy leant back in, kissing her again. Their eyes had shut in content and they held onto each other desperately. The kiss was soft and slow and then it became fast paced before they pulled away, resting their foreheads together.

"Well this just scrambles my eggs," Adira said with a grin. Billy shook his head at her, chuckling under his breath

"You're an idiot," he muttered out to her, placing a kiss on her head before pulling away, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her against his side, "so sweetheart, what are we going to do for the rest of the day?"

Adira looked over at Chrissy who was tying her shoes. "Can the three of us hang out?" She asked Billy, giving him a hopeful look

Billy nodded his head, placing a kiss on her temple, "of course. There's the burger shop, we could go there and then maybe head to the movies?"

"We can still eat here?" Adira asked in a mixture of shock and awe

Chrissy jumped up and skipped over to them with a excited look on her face. She grabbed Adiras hand, "yep you can eat as much as you want! And it's free!" She said excitedly before the three of them made their way out of the gym and over to Billy's Camaro which was parked out the back

"You wanna drive?" He asked her and she shook her head.

"No thank you," she replied, all she wanted to do was sit in the passenger seat and stare