The final goodbye

It was late and it was cold. The ash was falling from the sky and red lightning flashed over head. Eddie stumbled over to the fresh grave, the clean tombstone glistening in the reflection from the bright flashes in the sky.

He had a drink in his hand and reeked of alcohol as he fell to the ground in front of the grave. "Hey sweetheart," he bubbles out drunkenly, tears falling down his cheeks, "look around... even after everything, it has all gone to complete shit!" He curse out, laughing as small sobs fell from his mouth. The plan hadn't worked. Four people had died and all the gates had opened in Hawkins now, making chaos wash over the town

"I can't stay for long cause my uncle is getting us out of here, but I wanted to give you a goodbye before I went," he muttered out, his voice decreasing in volume. A shaky sigh fell from his lips as he took his guitar pick necklace off from around his neck and placed it down on the grave in front of the grave stone.

"Why'd you do it?" He asked her, "why would you do something so stupid? It's my fault it's all my fault. If I hadn't tried to go and play hero and impress you, I wouldn't of gotten hurt and then you wouldn't of had to save me," he cursed himself, "it's my fault, it's all my fault," he cried out, running his fingers through his hair

"Dustin still hasn't told anyone what you did, he's doing it to protect me but they deserve to know the truth," he explained to her, "they deserve to know that it's my fault that you were taken away from them. That all of this could have been prevented if I had just listened for once in my life," he explained to her, a guilty feeling bubbling in her stomach 

"If I had known that you were just going to become a memory and I was going to lose you so soon, I would have taken the time to remember every detail about you so that you lived in me forever," he whispered, "you were the right person for me Adira. People go on and on about right person, wrong time or wrong person, right time... but they never ever talk about right person, not enough time."

"A part of me died when you took your last breath Addy, even though I lost you, I'll always love you, you're my soulmate forever and ever and nothin is gonna change that alright?" He ranted to her, "I don't want to say goodbye right now because I know this one would mean forever, there is no 'see you later sweetheart, not for a long time. At first i thought about joining you ya know, but then I remembered the promise I made to look after the kids... I'm going to do what I can. I'm going to make sure that my uncle gets out of here safe and then I'm going to come back. I'm going to watch them and protect them. I hope that in the next life, we can meet again."

And with that, he gave her name one last look, "We were meant to be. Just not in this lifetime." And then he left.

Thank you all so much for reading my book! I know some of you will be disappointed that she didn't come back alive, but this is the end :)
I will be writing a prequel though and I hope to see you there :)