Chapter 1: Hospital bills

"What do you say Pop is it ok?" My brother Archie asked as me, my dad, and Archie carried in a chrismas tree.

"The best tree yet." Pop responded and I smiled.

I just love Christmas time.

"Oh good, we only spent three hours to find the perfect one." I said with my hands on my hips as I smiled at Pop.

Despite us not being related and our age difference, I'm extremly close with Pop and think of him as a second dad. Pop cuckled at my comment before thanking us.

"Oh, no. Thank you Pop, for letting us set up shop right in front of the dinner." My dad replied.

That's when I turned around to see my brother's best friend Jughead Jones. Jughead was like another brother but he's less annoying.

I grabbed the sleeve of Archie's shirt and started to drag him towards Jughead's booth. Where I had made Jughead move over so I could sqeeze myself in the seat next to him and Archie sat across from us.

"You guys gonna stay in town for break?" Jughead asked closing his laptop as I tried to look.

"Yeah. We were gonna go visit mom-" Archie started but I finished.

"But she booked a single's cruise so..." I said and Jughead looked at me with a smile.

"You know you two really need to stop it with finishing each others sentances." Jughead said before mumbling, "It's creepy."

Both me and Archie started laughing as Jughead just sat there confused to why we were laughing. He must have been serious but I think it's a normal thing. Me and Archie have been doing it ever sense we could talk.

"How are you and Veronica?" Jughead asked and I rolled my eyes at the mention of Archie's girlfriend.

I love Veronica don't get me wrong but at the same time the two of us don't exactly...get along. We're friends one minute and trying to kill each other the next.

"We've been better." Archie replied and I cocked an eyebrow not knowing what that was suppose to mean.

We've been better? What in the world?

"If it's any consolation, Betty and I aren't in the greatest of places, either." Jughead said and now I feel more single then ever.

"Jughead, you want a Christamst tree, for you and your dad?" My dad asked from across the room and I pretend as if I didn't know my dad.

He can be a little embarassing sometimes, but I love him.

"It'll have to be a small one, Mr. A." Jughead responded sense him and his dad live in a trailor.

I mean about a year ago Jughead was staying with us and it was nice at first. But then I had two over protective brothers and my friends couldn't come over without getting chased off.

"So, how's the single life Y/n?" Jughead laughed and I flipped him the bird.

"It's been great, I can't find a girl...you two can find plenty of girls." I chuckled as I waltzed away, "See you at Kevin's secret Santa thing."

I made my way home the house next to Betty Cooper. And sense Archie's and Betty are friends he made me move to the small room down the hall so he could have the room close to Betty's room.

I think he had a little crush on her when they were younger but that's long gone.

I think.

The next morning I was sitting at the table eating when Archie came down, "Dad, what's that? Is it a letter from the Black Hood?"

"No, it's worse." My dad responded and I looked up from what I was doing on my phone, "Riverdale General. Mine and Y/n's hospital bill."

That may sound confussing but let me explain. About a month ago at Pop's me, Archie, and my dad were having dinner. Out of nowhere before we knew about the black hood a person in a black mask came and started shooting up the place.

Aka the black hood

He was going to shoot Pop so I couldn't just sit there. Pop is like family so I threw myself infront of the bullet and then my dad had gotten shot. Archie was able to get out of the sitation unharmed but I couldn't imagine being in his place.

"How much is it?" Archie asked and I wanted to know to because I feel bad.

"Eighty-six thousand." My dad replied.

"What, dollars?" Archie asked and I rolled my eyes.

"No Archie doll hairs." I said sarcasticly before raising my voice, "Yes Dollars!"

"Thanks." Archie said making a face before turning back to dad, "That can't be right, can it? Or doesn't your insurance--"

"They probably made a mistake. I'll call them tomarrow." My dad explained but I don't think it's a mistake.

I think it's Hirum Lodge.