Chapter 59: La Bonne Nuit

Me and Toni were sitting together in the student lounge

Me and Toni were sitting together in the student lounge. Toni had her legs over mine and her head resting on my shoulder as Veronica came in.

"Just the ladies I was looking for!" Veronica exclaimed as she walked towards us with a stack of paper, "My favorite lovers, Andrews and Topaz. I need your help spreading the good word about my speakeasy."

"Go on." I smiled playing with Toni's hair as she sat up slightly.

"In exchange for promoting La Bonne Nuit, I'm offering you no cover and free drinks all night."

Toni reached her arm out as Veronica handed her the stack. I grabbed one of the envelopes and admired it. I already knew about the promotion of La Bonne Nuit, because Veronica asked me to be security along with Reggie.

"Hand them out with Cheryl at her discretion." Veronica said, "Oh, and Sweet Pea and Fangs should definitely be in attendance."

Veronica then walked away as Toni gave me a look. I smiled at her handing her the card I was holding.

"I should probably go help Reggie, he's muscle but complains." I said as Toni chuckled.

"Okay, love you." She said kissing me passionatly before I left.

Me and Reggie were carrying boxes down to La Bonne Nuit. Reggie was shirtless and at this point I was in my sports bra. This was a lot harder and hotter then I thought it would be.

"These were sitting upstairs for you." Reggie said as we brought down six boxes.

I was holding three, and Reggie was holding three. Veronica got up as we sat the boxes down at the table she was sitting at.

"Hopefully it's the last of the delveries." I said as Veronica took the box from the top and started to walk towards the other boxes with it.

"Excellent, thanks you two." Veronica smiled.

She set the box down and opened it but looked disappointed when she did. I took the second box from the top and started to open it.

"What the hell..." I said as me and Reggie both held up a bunch of Jingle Jangle.

"This is a serious stash of Jingle Jangle." Reggie said looking towards me.

"Yes, but it's not mine." Veronica explained, "I don't know how--"

Before Veronica couldn't finish her sentence because the phone started to go off. I put the Jingle Jangle back in my box and went to answer the phone.

"Hey, Pop. What's up?" I asked looking at the other two worried.

"Sheriff Minetta is up here, wants to talk to you or Veronica." Pop explained, and this situation just got a whole lot worse.

"Sheriff Minetta's upstairs?" I said trying not to yell but I definatly raised my voice as I looked at Veronica worried.

I covered the end of the phone with my hand and moved it from my mouth, "We've been setup."

"I can't get caught with this stuff. My mom would kill me." Reggie whispered shouted.

"Um, tell him I'll be right up." I replied getting back to the phone call before hanging up, "I'll stall, but you two get rid of it. Now!"

I walked upstairs listening to the two of them bicker. Veronica and Reggie were fun to work with, but sometimes they drove me crazy.

"Sherif Minetta, what can I do for Riverdale's finest today?" I asked as I walked into the main diner.

"I'm here to do an inspection." Sherif Minetta said unfolding his arms.

"We've had all our inspections." I explained to him but he didn't seem to care.

"Except mine." He said irritated, "You wanna show me around?"

I put on a forced smile before slowly turning around. I opened the door to La Bonne Nuit and lead Sheriff Minetta down the stairs, hoping that Veronica and Reggie got this all figured out.

And to my surprise, they did.

"Sheriff Minetta." Veronica said walking over as I walked towards Reggie and sat at one of the bar stools.

Sheriff Minetta started to go through the boxes, not finding the Jingle Jangle. I wonder what Reggie and Veronica did with it.

"Looking for something in particular?" Veronica asked leaning against the bar.

"Anything illegal." Sheriff Menetta sighed, "Also, I'm collecting donations."

"Donations?" I questioned turning in the bar stool to follow Sheriff Minetta's movement.

"That's right. For Riverdale's underfunded Sheriff's department." Sheriff Minetta explained and I rolled my eyes.

"I see." Veronica said, "So this isn't a shakedown?"

"You make a donation in cash, I'll be back to collect after your opening event." Sheriff Minetta said before walking back up the stairs.

"How much do you want to bet those drugs were a gift from Penny Peabody?" Veronica asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I asked getting off the bar stool.

"We had a little visit with Penny the other day, she said the ghoalies were at our service for a price. But of course I said no because you're scarier then any one of those ghoalies." Veronica said, "I mean you punched my dad in the face."

"Do you think it's a coincidence they both work for your dad?" Reggie asked.

"Of course not, Reggie." Veronica replied as I just rolled my eyes.

I hope opening night isn't a hell show.

"My father's clearly trying to bait me into some kind of confrontation, but I'm not going there." Veronica explained, "At least... not until I'm properly armed."

"Oh lord." I groaned as my face collided with the counter of the bar.