Chapter 44: Hospital visits

"I've been running around town, handing out flyers." Archie explained as he just walked into my hospital room.

I've been here for a two days, I can barley move. And the doctors want me to stay here until my stomach is fully healed and I can start walking around again.

I'm not sure when that's going to happen though. And I brought it up with them, they told me there is about a 10% chance of me being able to cheer again.

"How's that going?" I laughed watching Veronica, Betty, and Jughead walk into the room after Archie.

The four of them have been visiting me a lot. Sense I woke up yesterday anyways. I've had a few visits from the others. But one of those four are always with me, I swear.

"I'm not sure yet, there are still a few people who want to vote for the Lodges." Archie explained as they four of them sat down and I slowly sat myself up.

I've been getting a little bit more strength.

"But we do have good news for you." Veronica declared with a giant smile as she looked toward Jughead and Betty.

"So we talked to Sheriff Keller..." Betty explained and I instantly thought they were joking about it being good news.

"And we got him to watch every video I took, and he said-" Jughead tried to explain but Veronica clearly got to excited about the news and cut him off.

"Sheriff Keller decided that your no longer a suspect to Midge's murder." Veronica said excitedly and as excited as I was I couldn't help but feel sad thinking about Midge.

"But on a worse note, that means the black hood is still out there somewhere." Archie said bring up the same conversation he brings up everytime he comes to see me.

Archie and Hirum Lodge have been closer then ever right now. Or at least that's what Veronica has been telling me. And despite Hirum being her own father she agrees with me and thinks something suspicious is going on.

"I still can't find those similar eyes..." Archie mentioned and I noticed Betty tighten her fists and she looked more tense then usual.

"Don't you guys have to get to school?" I questioned and they all looked at the time before jumping up from their seats, "Betty wait, can we talk for a second?"

Betty looked at the others as they started to make their way out the door, "I don't see why not."

Betty smiled softly at me before I grabbed her hand and pulled her onto the bed next to me. I flipped her hand over to see the familer marks in her hand that she got when she was stressed about Chic.

And from what she's told me, Chic is gone. But she seems to be more stressed today. Like maybe this isn't about Chic. Maybe it's about something, more...

"The black hood? I know you know something Archie doesn't...or at least you think you do." I said sitting up fully so I was at eye level with Betty and I could see her gulp.

"I don't know-" Betty tried but I don't care, she clearly knows or thinks something that good be helpful.

"Betty!" I said with a slight chuckle in my voice, she thinks she can hide things from me. That's adorable.

"Fine, I think that my dad is the black hood. And when I brought it up with Jughead he said and I quote 'that would be worse' it's like he didn't believe me or thought I was joking." Betty said getting off the bed and she started pacing around.

"Betty, what makes you think your dad is the black hood? Because yeah, he's crazy but I didn't think he was that crazy." I replied slightly confused and a little concerned.

"Because, Chic we found out that he was an imposter. And like ten minutes before I got home and found out what happened to you I was giving Chic to the black hood. My dad was home when I left but he was gone when I got home." Betty replied grabbing her back pack, she wanted to leave. Or she wanted to stop talking about this.

It could be either.

"Betty before you go." I said and Betty turned to look at me as she was holding the door handle, "Talk to Cheryl..."

Betty knodded her head and left. Just saying Cheryl's name pissed me off, but at the same time it made me want Toni more then ever.

I haven't seen Cheryl sense the musical and I haven't seen Toni sense what happened like two nights ago. Toni hasn't even texted me to check up on me, but she seemed so worried.

I'm so confused.

Why do I have to be into girls? There so very confusing.