Chapter 48: The shooting

Attornay McCoy and Jughead were still here

Attornay McCoy and Jughead were still here. I was sitting on the ground against the wall just stuck in my own head. You know after all this, I think it's time I start talking to Toni again.

"I just got off the phone with Betty. Apperently the black hood just turned the town hall into his own shotting gallery while Y/n was right here." Jughead explained and I looked up at the two of them.

There is no way the sheirff if keeping me in here now. I mean what does he have against me? I was in a cell while the black hood was shooting up town hall. I'd say that's a pretty decent reason to let me go.

"So why is the Sheriff still holding her?" Jughead asked looking over at me and I looked towards him asking myself the same question.

"What happened tonight and what happened to Midge are being treated as seperate incidents." Attornay McCoy explained, sounding like she was about ready to shoot up the place herself.

I'm serious, she sounded pissed off if I'm being honest.

"But if the Sheriff doesn't press charges in the next hour, he has to let you go." Attornay McCoy said turning to look at me.

I don't know what I should feel right now. Should I feel nervous, happy, releaved, concerned. I'm a number of mixed emotions right now. That's for sure.

"There are a lot of protesters outside, Jughead." Attornay McCoy said turning to look back at Jughead as I let out a sigh of confusion, "Her release is going to make a lot of people in this town very unhappy."

"I fucked up this time Jug..." I sighed as Attornay McCoy left the room for a little while.

"No, no, you did nothing wrong. You were just trying to be happy." Jughead said placing his forhead up against one of the bars of my jail cell.

"I don't know Juggie, I wish that the black hood shot me tonight, instead of shooting up town hall." I said letting my head fall against the wall.

"Y/n I swear to god if you ever say something like that again, I will murder you myself." Jughead explained, "Now I got to go for a little while, I'll be back when your released."

-time skip-

I was standing with Fangs, Toni, and Sweet Pea with my hands tangled in my hair. The dark cricle, they were everywhere. If we don't find a way out of here I'm going to die.

Jughead came running up to the sheirff from outside and I looked at the two worried, "We can't take Y/n out the front. We have to take the side entrance."

The sheriff just shook his head and replied, "Crowd's out there, too. So pick your poison, Serpant."

With that the sheriff walked away and I had started to freak out. This can't be happening, I don't want to die.

"What do we do, man?" Sweet Pea asked as Jughead turned around with the same look of fear that was plastered on my face.

"I don't wanna die." I said trying not to cry as the three looked at me worried, "I've taken a gun shot and a knife to the stomach. I don't know how much longer I can do this."

"Y/n, you're not going to." Jughead said as he walked up to me, trying to reasure me, "Look at me okay?"

He grabbed the sides of my face and I knodded slightly, "We stand together so none of us falls. In unity, there is strength."

We all huddled together and said it in unison, "In unity, there is strength."

We choose the side entrance because it was most likely to have the least amount of people. Jughead was in front of me with Fangs. Sweet Pea and Toni were blocking my sides and we had serpants running in the back. I stayed low so no one could take a head shot as we ran through the crowed of people.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit." I mumbled as Toni grabbed my hands.

"You'll be okay, I got you." Toni said softly.

FP and a few other serpants got in front of Jughead and Fangs and started pushing everyone out of the way. But of course something had to go wrong tonight.

I spotted Archie from the crowed and shouted for him. I needed my brother right now. But of course he was to far to hear over all the noise.

I turned my head to see Reggie and I got scared. He was slowly pulling something shiny from his pocket. I turned to look at Jughead who was struggling but I still shouted at him.

"JUGGIE GO FASTER!" I shouted with tears streaming down my face.

"I'm trying my hardest!" He shouted back at me as he started pushing people harder and faster.

I saw Archie start running towards Reggie and I thanked the lords as I watched him run after Reggie. I just hopped that Archie would get there in time. I would prefer if my ex best friend didn't shoot me to my death.

"Come on Archie..." I mumbled as I was pushed and and right as Reggie reached us Archie pinned Reggie to the ground, "Oh thank god."

But there was still a gun shot. Gun shot! GUN SHOT!

I looked down to see the blood coming from me. Sweet Pea was pushed out of the way and Jughead had ducked. I grabbed my stomach before falling to my knees.

"Juggie..." I said and looked up at him as he fell down besides me and Sweet Pea did the same.

Toni and the other serpants did the same as Reggie and Archie starred in disbelief. All of the serpents started adding pressure while FP went to get help. I was bleeding out, and bleeding out fast.

Sweet Pea and Fangs looked at Reggie pissed off. Sweet Pea looked like he was about to kill him. And Fangs was probably going to help him.

But I knew it was my time so I grabbed Toni's hand and she looked at me confused. If these were going to be my last words I mine as well make them count.

"Hey T, I just wanted to say I forgive you...and that I never stopped loving you..." I forced out and Toni's tears started falling even more as she shook her head.

"No, no, you tell me when you make it out alive. Okay?" Toni said but I don't think I will make it out alive, not now anyways.

We arrived at the hospital me leaning against FP. Jughead was leading us through the halls as he was shouting for help. Sweet Pea had tied his flannel around my waist to stop the bleeding as much as possible, but I don't know how much longer it's going to last.

"Ma'am." Jughead said as he arrived at the desk but apparently she couldn't see me, because she told him to wait, "She was shot."

"I need you to step back." She said as Jughead approched her desk but he didn't give a care in the world.

"SHE'S DYING!" Jughead shouted when someone walked into the room.

"Hey, what's going on here?" A doctor shouted walking over to us and Jughead looked relieved.

"My friend, was shot, right in the stomach." Jughead said rushing to the doctor's side as he pointed at me.

"Hey, get me a gurney." The doctor shouted as he took me from FP.

They laid me down on a bed as I groaned in pain. Still holding the flannel to the shot as the doctors rushed me away. This feels so familer.