Chapter 54: Saving Hotdog

We've been stacking out Hot Dog for an hour

We've been stacking out Hot Dog for an hour. And all we could hear was Hot Dogs whimpers. I was finally getting tired of all of it.

My head was resting in Toni's lap as she noticed and finally said something, "It's been an hour and no sign of anyone."

"All right. Sweet Pea, you guys, keep a look out." I said grabbing the bolt cutters and jumping down from the truck standing by Jughead, "I'll be back as soon as I can."

I then slowly started walking towards Hot Dog. Cautious of where I was walking, I was looking all around me. You never know when a ghoalie can just pop out of nowhere.

I got to the open gate. And it seemed a little to easy, I think something is off with this whole situation. But on the other hand, I've been thinking everything is not the way it seems about everything recently. So, I blame my brother's court case.

I walked toward Hot Dog taking the chain in my hand that he was attached to. Fang was right, he really does look like he's getting slim.

"Hey. Hey bud. You remember me?" I whispered because it's been a long time sense I got involved with something that included the serpents.

"Come on, buddy. Let's get you outta here." I said as I was ready to cut the chain.

Right as I did so, every light around me turned on. I grabbed a hold of Hot Dog's chain and my smile fell.

Well shit.

"Princess, your back." Penny said walking into the open followed by a bunch of ghoalies.

"I wish I wasn't." I mumbled under my breath.

This is exactly what I needed tonight.

"Welcome back to the Southside. Super sorry about what happened to your brother though. I heard you've been kicking ass at those court cases. You must really care about him." She said causing my hands to turn into fists.

She definitly knew how to piss me off.

"I thought this mangey mutt might get Jughead to show up. But your so much better." She laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"We need to talk." Penny said and I just sighed.

"No, we don't, Penny." I said just wanting to leave, I promised Jughead I would be quick, "I'm here for the dog."

"If you didn't want trouble, why have you been sending spies all summer trying to get in our business? Back off." Penny said simply and I just chuckled to myself.

She knew about those?

"Unless you want to see what happened on Riot night." Penny said with a smug smile as I crossed my arms, "Heard you got shot and missed the fun."

"Yeah, I've been sending scouts. I was looking for Hot Dog." I claimed putting my hand up in surrender, "Now that I've got him, we're good."

I then started to walk away but was cut off again, "Not so fast."

I stopped with a frustrated sigh as I turned around, "What?"

"Your jacket..." She said, "The southside isn't yours anymore. That means you're no longer the Southside Serpents."

"Really, Penny? A jacket?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"We could always just take it off you limp dead body." Penny replied and just I rolled my eyes.

"I'd like to see you try." I replied as I glared at her.

"I also heard that you and your little serpent girlfriend broke up. How's being the serpent queen without your other queen?" Penny asked as my fists clenched ever harder causing marks to form on my hand, I could feel them.

"Maybe, we'll go after her next. You clearly won't defend her now." Penny laughed and I finally had enough of it.

I wanted to punch her. She deserved the same fate that Hirum Lodge got. But at the same time if I did, I'd probably get killed. Every ghoalie around me had a weapon of some sort.

"Fine. You can have the jacket as long as you and the ghoalies stay out of the Northside." I said and Penny nodded her head, "Oh and one more thing."

Penny tilted her head slightly as I finally let my fist fly. I got her good, right in the nose. Causing blood to leak out from her nose to her chin. As she stumbled to the ground.

"That's for talking about my brother." I said before kicking her in the jaw, "And that's for threating Toni."

I was about to attack her again when Jughead ran over and picked me up. Cheryl pointed her bow at them and I struggled against Jughead.

"Let me go!" I screamed as Hot Dog pranced next to us.

Jughead threw me in the truck bed as he got Hot Dog and himself up. I stood up as Sweet Pea started driving away.

"That's not all I have Peabody!" I shouted as Betty clapped her hand over my mouth and force me down.

"Y/n what the hell." Cheryl exclaimed angirly and I just rolled my eyes.

"It was just an innocent punch." I grumbled sitting against the back window.

"And a kick to the jaw Y/n, what were you thinking!" Betty scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"I thought it was awsome." Fangs and Sweet Pea said in unison as I smiled to myself.

"They talked about Archie, and threated to hurt Toni." I continued to grumble as I smiled to myself.

Jughead's pov:

"How are you?" My dad asked me as I walked over and sat across from him, "Uneasy sits the crown?"

"Well...Penny's got the Northside in her sights, Y/n's a loose cannon, Y/n's a target and uh...we're not even the Southside serpents anymore." I explained the full truth, I think this Archie situation has Y/n on edge, and furious. I wouldn't be surprised if she punches another person in the face. I mean she's already punched two people.

"No, screw the 'Southside'. You're a serpent, by blood, and no one can take that from you or any one of us." My dad explained, "Now back to the Y/n situation."

My dead let out a sigh and sat back against his chair, "Did she really punch Penny last night?"

"Oh yeah, right in the face. She also kicked Penny in the jaw. Like I said she's a loose cannon. She punched Hirum Lodge, now Penny. Who knows who she's going to punch next."  I said exactly what I was thinking not knowing what to do, "I just, I don't know what to do."

"Do you think it's the Archie situation" My dad asked and I nodded my head.

"Of course it's the Archie situation." I replied.

"Well then, if he does end up behind bars, you listen to me. No matter how much Betty needs your support, Y/n'll end up the same place as Archie if you don't be there for her." My dad explained, "That girl is strong, but not that strong."

"I guess you have a point. I mean ever sense her and Toni broke up everything has been different." I said wondering if that was the reason.

"And the truth comes out." My dad said causing me to look at him confused, "This isn't just about Archie, I've seen the way Y/n has been looking at Toni recently."

"Oh.My.God." I said in complete shock,"Y/n's still in love with Toni."

"Bingo kid." My dad said and I leaned back into my chair.

"Well what do I do?" I asked confused.

"You go tell Toni. Because we all know after what happened, Y/n isn't going to tell Toni." My dad explained and I didn't even waste a second, Toni needed to know.

And she need to know now. Before Y/n did something stupid again.