Chapter 57: Visiting Archie

"Why are you sitting that way?" Veronica asked looking at Archie who looked really uncomfortable

I'm just a little sore, Ronnie, that's all." Archie replied but I really don't think that that's the reason Archie is sitting so weird.

"Sore, from what." I asked seeing right through him and he could tell what I was doing.

"Working out. There's an amazing gym here." Archie said looking me in the eyes.

"Uh-huh." Me and Veronica said in unison as she saw what I was doing as well.

"And, uh, where are your shoes?" Veronica asked looking down at Archie's feet.

"Uh, the warden took them from me when I got here." Archie said, and if that was a lie, which it probably is, he made it up fast, "Along with all my other clothes."

"That doesn't make any sense." I said looking at him with a cold glare, we didn't really leave off on the best of terms.

"Guys. Talk to me about school." Archie said trying to get the conversation turned around, "What am I missing? How's the new speakeasy coming along?"

"It's coming." Veronica replied.

"Wbat's it feel like being president in my place." Archie asked causing me and Veronica to go quite.

Yeah that didn't really work out.

-time skip-

Later that day me and Veronica were working at Pop's in silence. I think we both had something on our minds and were trying to figure it out.

When the doorbell jingled the two of us looked up to see Cheryl walk in with her
goons. This was going to be interesting that's for sure.

Veronica immidatly walked after them. And I immidatly walked after Veronica to make sure she didn't do something stupid. Not that I have any room to talk, I do stupid stuff all the time, but not the point.

"Veronica! Y/n!" Cheryl beemed before realizing soemthing, "Oh, that's right you guys work here now. I'll have a cherry phosphate and curly fries. Girls?"

"I don't work at Pop's Cheryl. I own it." Veronica said truthfully, "And as of this moment you're no longer welcome here."

Well this is going great.

"You can't discriminate against someone." Cheryl said a little irritateted, "because they're better-looking then you."

That caused me to laugh slightly, "Is that why you stole my girlfriend?"

Cheryl looked down at her hands before looking back up trying to say something but she couldn't, "Vixens, Veronica, leave us be."

And that's exactly what the four of them did. Leaving me to finally sort this all out with Cheryl after about a year of ignoring her.

"Now then." Cheryl said as I sat down opposite of her, "What are you really made about?"

"I just told you." I replied through gritted teeth, as she was now getting on my nerves.

"Come on you still can't be mad about that. It was a year ago almost." Cheryl replied causing me to roll my eyes.

"Cheryl you were my best friend, and you slept with my girlfriend. You really expect to me to forgive you?" I asked with a look that could kill on my face.

"Your ridiculous." Cheryl laughed, "Maybe you should channel this anger into saving your brother."

"Look Cheryl, I wanted to make peace because you were my bet friend, but clearly that's not going to happen." I sighed getting up from where I was sitting.

"Y/n wait." Cheryl said causing a smile to grow on my face as I turned around with an evil smirk on my face.

"Yes?" I asked tilting my head slightly causing Cheryl to huff as she got up as well.

"It wasn't Toni's fault okay?" Cheryl said causing me to tilt my head slightly, "I don't know what happened with you guys. But she got really drunk one night while she was with me and it just happened."

"That's suppose to make me feel better?" I asked wanting to leave now.

"Wait listen." Cheryl said looking from her feet to my face,"After words Toni made me swear to never tell you because she regreated it completely. The first thing she did was start pacing not knowing what to do. She wanted to call you and tell you right away. Because she loved you okay, she told me that she loved you. Not me."

That when I dropped my note pad and pen in shock before I sat down at the table, "She said that? She loves me?"

"Yes, of course she does!" Cheryl said reasuring me and I didn't know what to think, "And she still does."

"She does." I questioned still confused and trying to process everything.

"Yes! Call her!" Cheryl demanded handing me her phone because mine was in the back and I grabbed hers quickly.

I tapped on Toni's contact and waited patiently while the phone rang. I was pacing around biting my nail trying to figure out what I was even suppose to say, what was I suppose to say.

"Hey, Cheryl I'm a little busy can I call you later?" Was the first thing I heard and I froze before I realized what was going on and Cheryl pinched me.

"It's not Cheryl." I said nervously as I continued to pace around.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" She asked worried sense of course I was calling from Cheryl's phone.

"Yeah I'm fine. Me and Cheryl made up, and I was wondering if I could met you somewhere?" I asked nervously and I could practiacally feel the smile that Toni had on the other side of the phone.

"Yeah of course, but I really am busy so I'll text you." Toni replied before hanging up and I couldn't help but smile to myself.

"Thank you." I said hugging Cheryl.