Chapter 72: The lockdown

My dad left a note on the counter, that I noticed when me and Toni walked in.

"Why don't you go pick a movie." I smiled as I walked towards the counter and Toni walked into my living room.

I picked up the note and looked at it confused. I would have thought that my dad would still be home. But he wasn't, the truck was gone and so was the dog.

Dear y/n,

Gladys called me earlier, told me you were on your way home. So I assume you'll notice I'm not home. Anyways, she called me telling me that your brother needed a ride. I don't think he's going to be coming back anytime soon. But I should be home in a few hours. Don't get into trouble, and take care of Toni, I heard she had a seizer.

Love,
       Dad.

I placed the note down as I sighed as I turned around. There was something my dad was right about, my brother wouldn't be coming home very soon. But if my dad's the one driving him, I don't think my dad is coming home very soon either.

"How do you fell about horror movies?" Toni asked as she walked in and noticed me starring down at the counter, "Y/n?"

"Hmm?" I hummed as I turned towards her and she chuckled slightly walking over.

"What's on your mind, babe?" Toni asked as she wrapped her arms around my waste and rested her chin on my shoulder from behind.

"I don't know if my dad is going to be coming home, not as soon as he says anyways." I sighed looking at the note that Toni's gaze moved to, "But we'll see. And I hate horror movies."

"Too bad." Toni said grabbing my hand and pulling me into the living room, "Because I was thinking of a horror marathon."

"The horror marathon in town isn't enough?" I laughed as she put in the first Scream movie and walked towards me.

"Nope." She said popping the P as she sat down next to me, she wrapped her arms around my waste and pulled me down on top of her as we laid down and watched the movie.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I smiled as I placed a kiss on her nose and she smiled.

"All the time." She laughed when our phone's went off and I looked at her confused, "That's weird."

"Yeah..." I said as I sat up and grabbed my phone, Toni placed her head on my shoulder and noticed that Riverdale has gone into lockdown, no one in, and no one out, "Shit...what about Jughead and my dad?"

"They'll find a way." Toni said as we laid down again, "For now let's just enjoy our alone time, we don't get it very often."

"Your right." I smiled as I got off the couch, "How are you feeling? Do you need anything? Medicine, ice pack, food?"

"You..." Toni said in a sing sung voice as she watched me get up and walk towards the kitchen.

"Hey, I was thinking..." I said from the kitchen as I put popcorn into the microwave and walked back into the living room, "What if we made this a permenant thing?"

"What do you mean?" Toni asked sitting up slightly.

"I mean, you staying in my house. My dad wouldn't mind, and I would get to see you more." I said as Toni looked at me with the brightest smile I'd ever seen.

"As long as I get to be the big spoon." Toni smiled as the microwave went off, "Oh I have something for you."

Toni rolled off the couch and ran towards the door to get her bag. I walked into the kitchen to grab the popcorn when Toni walked in with a small box.

"Okay this time around, no more secrets, no more lying, and we do whatever we can to protect and be there for each other." Toni said as she opened the small box and I saw two promise rings, "Now, I understand if this is to much of a jump. And you know I cheated on you, but-"

"No T, I love you." I smiled as I kissed her and she placed the ring on my finger and the other on her own finger.