Chapter 31: Who's asking

Outfit

Apperently my dad wants to run for mayor. Isn't that weird? Nope not at all because Hiram Lodge asked my dad to run for mayor. He claims that it's not for Hiram and that it's for Riverdale, Archie, and I but I call bullshit.

Hal Cooper is devorcing Alice Cooper so I've been hanging out with Betty a lot. Betty doesn't know who to trust anymore but apperently I'm someone she does trust. I never thought the day I become besties with Betty Cooper would come.

But my mind was pulled from my thoughts when Archie walked into the empty classroom me and Jughead were sitting in. He looked to be seriously worried about something but I can see why. Hiram Lodge is trying to make our father his little puppet. That's not going to happen.

"Are you guys still going after Hiram Lodge?" Archie asked placing his hands down on the teachers desk Jughead and I were sitting behind.

"Well, that depends." I said cautiously.

"Who's asking?" Jughead asked.

"You? Veronica?" I asked.

"The archfiend himself?" Jughead continued.

Archie sighed and grabbed the empty chair sitting next to us. He looked more worried now so I couldn't help but want to know what he has to say. After all he's my dump brother.

"Jug, Y/n/n, there's gonna be a special election to replace Josie's mom." Archie said and I'm starting to understand what's going on.

"The devil want's my dad to run." I said leaning back into my chair.

Jughead chuckled softly at the nickname me and him gave Hiram Lodge. But it wasn't funny it's the truth. Hiram Lodge is the devil in human form or maybe he's the real devil. Who knows any more.

"Wait, why?" Jughead asked confused after processing what I just said.

"Who freaking knows? Jughead, I'm with Veronica, so that means I'm with the Lodges." Archie annonced and both me and Jughead scoffed, "But mine and Y/n/n's dad we can't let him get in any deeper with them."

"So tell him he shouldn't run." Jughead explained as if it was that easy.

"Veronica would kill me by then, diddo the Lodges." Archie explained, "Maybe I could give you two something. Maybe you could write about it and that might make my dad hit pause."

"Okay." Me and Jughead said in unison.

"You remember when Hiram Lodge gave Pop Tate that charitable donation to keep that diner open?" Archie asked and both me and Jughead nodded, "Except Hiram Lodge didnt give Pop's a donation. He bought the diner."

"What?" Me and Jughead asked in full anger.

"And for some reason, he doesn't want anyone to know about it." Archie explained, "Can you do something with that fact? At least enough to make my dad think twice about this stupid mayor idea."

"He bought the diner?" Me and Jughead asked still hooked on the fact.

After Archie told us about Hiram Lodge buying the diner that's all I could think about. Everything after that went through one ear and straight out the other. So I have no clue what Arche was asking really.

Me and Jughead pulled out a map that had a bunch of red circles and Jughead immedatily circled the diner.

"God! Hiram is like Dracula." Jughead mumbled, "Snapping up properties from all over Riverdale to expand his empire and feed."

"If what you're telling us is true, everyone is in danger." I said looking at a terrified Archie.

Well way to start my week back in Riverdale. And not to mention the doctors said that it was going to take months maybe years for my scar on my cheek to heal. It's absoulutly crazy.

A day later I was standing at the Cooper house knocking on it constantly. Alice shouted for me to come in and I practically broke the door down. And to my suprise Polly was there.

"Woah Y/n it looks like you've been running for miles." Betty said giving Polly her baby boy.

"I need to tell you something. NOW!" I shouted looking at Betty.

"Yeah, um okay." Betty said glancing at her mother.

Me and Betty ran up to her room and I slammed the door shut. Betty sat on her bed looking at me worried as I started pacing in front of her. I didn't know how to tell Betty this but I have to do something.

Hiram Lodge was first trying to get to my brother and now he's trying to get to my dad? What's next is he going to try and get to my mom that's not even in Riverdale?

"Hiram Lodge tried getting to my brother at first and now he's trying to get to my dad." I explained paniced.

"Yeah I know." Betty said nodding her head.

"Well anyways, you know that really weird meeting I had with Ms. McCoy?" I asked and Betty nodded her head, "Well she told me that Hiram Lodge was going to try getting to me by getting to my brother. Who knows what's going to happen. What if I'm the reason for my brother's death or who knows."

Betty got off her bed and took my shoulders in her hands. I shook my head and looked at her and she tilted her head slightly, "Your okay, just breath. Do you want to stay here tonight?"

"I would but I'm staying at Midge's house tonight." I explained.

"Okay I'll see you tomarrow. You and Toni are going to support Cheryl right?" Betty asked and I nodded my head.

A/n: I know it took awhile but I've been really busy with school starting and a few personaly problems.