Chapter 50: Court Room

Me and Betty had been helping Attorny McCoy and my mom, well I guess Archie's mom

Me and Betty had been helping Attorny McCoy and my mom, well I guess Archie's mom. On his court case, I've been working day and night to the point where they got permission for me to be sitting at the table with them.

Which was were I was now. Sitting between Archie and Attorny McCoy. Under the table I was holding Archie hand, and he woudl sqeeze it when he got nervous, this is how I could tell that he was scared.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury." The DA started with her closing argument and I sat up straight in my chair, "The evidence and testiomy that was presented in this court tell a dark story."

She continued as she walked around and looked at me and Archie. She was extremley upset that they let me sit up front, but to be fair, I'm a lot better at this then I thought I would. Plus I know that Archie is innocent.

"That Mr. Andrews has a history of violent behaviors. That he started not one but two masked Vigilante groups. That he assaulted an innocent boy who was helpless with two broken legs." The DA continued with her closing statement as my hands clenched under the table.

Nick Saint-clair tried to murder me, and he kidnapped my brother. Not to mention that he attepmed to rape not just Veronica but Cheryl as well.

"That he went 'Wilding' in the Southside of town and threatened to shoot a young man in the face." The DA continued and I rolled my eyes. It was for protection lady let it go, and Sweet Pea didn't do anything to actully make Archie pull the trigger.

Maybe I shouldn't be wording it like that. Because it does make my brother sound suspcious. But I could care less.

"That while partying with his friends in the town of Shadow Lake." The DA said as she walked back to her side of the room, "Mr. Andrews ran into the woods and shot the victim, Cassidy Bullock, point blank in the head. Now Mr. Andrews claims that it was his girlfriend's father's doorman who shot Mr. Bullock."

I rolled my eyes once again, because I would know that it was Andre. I was there with Archie when it happened. But no matter how many times I say it, no one seems to care. I would rather go to prison with him, then stay here without him.

"A shot Mr. Andrews claims to have heard, but not seen." The DA explaiend the full truth, while thinking that Archie was crazy, "Who knows the truth of what happened that terrible night in the woods near Shadow Lake?"

Damnit! I DO! I wanted to shout so bad. I wanted to stand from my seat and tell the whole room exactly what happened. I wanted to point a gun at Hirum Lodge for putting my brother in this situation.

"I'll tell you who. That man. Archie Andrews may be a varsity athlete and he may be a senstive musician. But he is also a cold-blooded...killer." The DA finished with her speech before sitting down at the table and I rolled my eyes.

This is ridiculous.

Mary went to get up for the speech but I grabbed her hand. She looked at me confused but I gave her pleeding eyes and she nodded slowly. Archie looked at me confused as I got up from my chair and walked towards the front of the room eyeing the DA in disgust.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we know for a fact that Archie Andrews constantly puts the needs of others ahead of his own. We know that he helped to solve the murder of Jason Blossom." I started without using the speech Mary tried to give me.

I know exactly what my brother is, and a killer is not it.

"We know that he offered both friends and enemies shelter when they had nowhere else to stay. We know that he punched through a river of ice to save the life of his classmate Cheryl Blossom." I explained, despite the fact that I had a big role in helping save Cheryl, but that's not the point.

"Let me remind you that there was one witness to the actual killing. And that one witness was me. There was no murder weapon. There was no motive. At the end of the day, all the prosecutions has is a cloudy testimony from unreliable people." I explained walking towards the Jury, with a confident straight face.

"Now it is my solemn duty as a sister to protect my stupid brother." I said the stupid part under my breath so only I heard it, "But as a helping attorney, it's my duty to adhere to the facts, to the evidence. There is nothing here that proves that Archie Andrews is anything less than an innocent boy. Trying to protect his sister, girlfriend, and friends... Thank you."

With that I let out a deep breath before returning to my seat. Attorany McCoy gave me a high five from under the table as Mary leaned over and sqeezed my hand. Archie didn't say anything or do anything. He just looked at me.

But that's all I needed.

"Ladies and gentlmen of the jury. The charge is first-degree murder. You may retire to begin your deliberations." The Judge annonced.

"All rise." The Bailiff annonced and everyone did before slowly exiting the court room.

When I got out of the room me and Mary found my dad, Jughead, and Betty. I slid down the wall as Mary talked with my dad and my friends.

Veronica then walked over, "Have you guys seen Archie?"

"No." I said standing up immediatly and walking away.

Jughead's pov:

"You know I'm surprised she hasn't killed Hirum Lodge yet." I said as Veronica followed after Y/n.

"I'm surprised she hasn't taken the fall yet." Fred said as he looked at Y/n and Veronica turn the corner to find Archie, "I really think she's got a future in this though."

"She was a natural out there, because that wasn't  our speech." Mary explained as she turned back to look at us, "That or her and Archie have some strange bound with each other."

"Trust me they do." Betty chuckled slightly before pulling me after Veronica and Y/n.