Chapter 55: Offically broken

This was it

This was it. The final court room visit. Me, Mary, and my dad stood at the bottom of the stairs as Archie made his way down. I don't think I'm ready for today. Not yet.

"You ready, Archie?" I asked looking up from my shoes to meet his eyes.

He smiled at me before leaning down to our dog, "Ah, you be a good boy, okay?"

And after seeing that, I'm really not ready. My dad opened the door, me leaving first, then Mary, then Archie, and then my dad.

As we were sitting in the car, I was starring out the window. Watching everything pass by in silence. Until Archie leaned over and whispered something.

"No punching anyone today, okay?" He whispered and a smirk formed on my face.

"No promises." I replied before resting my head on his shoulder.

-in the court room-

"All rise." The belief said as everyone stood up.

Once the Judge sat down we were all allowed to sit again. My leg jumping up and down, close to hitting the table in front of me.

Archie noticed and place a hand on my knee to calm my nerves. And even though it was comforting, it wasn't working.

"Has the jury reached a verdict?" The judge asked turning to look at the Jury.

One Jury member wearing a light blue shirt with a navy blue tie stood up and annonced, "Your honor, we haven't. We're deadlocked. Six-to-six. And it's not gonna change."

"So be it. The jury is dismissed." The Judge said as all the Jury members stood up and made their way out of the court room.

"So, what happens now?" Archie asked turning toward Mary.

"The Judge will declare a mistrial." Mary said and I wanted to bang my head against the table, I can't go through this again.

"We have to do through this again?" Archie asked.

Before me or Mary could reply the DA stood up. That's not good. I knew they were planning something, I knew it!

The DA cleared her throat as she stood up, "Your Honor, in lieu of another trial, the State is prepared to offer a deal for a lesser sentence."

My face fell in shock as I sat up straight and turned towards her. Knowing Archie, he's going to take the deal no matter what it is. He won't want us to go through this again, and he's been talking about getting taken away all summer.

He has no hope.

"Instead of prison time served plus two years in juvenile detention, if Mr. Andrews will pleade guilty to the crime of manslaughter." The DA said and I shook my head no. This was unbelieveable.

"Your Honor." Both me and Mary said in unison as we stood up but we were followed closly by Archie.

"I'll take the deal." Archie said and I smacked my hand to my face.

Everyone shouted for him not to do it as I attempted to push him back down in the chair. I went through hell this summer trying to keep him from being taken away. And here he is just offering to go.

"Archie, no. We have to discusee this." Me and Mary explained.

"Mom, Y/n/n, I can't put you and everyone else through this again." Archie said and tears already started to form in my eyes as I looked back at Jughead, Betty, and Veronica.

And then Archie turned to the Judge, "Your Honor, I accept the deal."

"Son, just so I have it straight, though it's legally within your rights, you're ignoring the advice of your counsel, your own mother and sister." The Judge said trying to get Archie to think straight as well.

"Yes, Your Honor. I'm guilty." And right as the words escaped his mouth I wanted to callapse to the ground, I wanted to murder him myself.

"Mr. Andrews, the court accepts your plea of guilt. You'll be taken directly from the courthouse to the Leopold and Loeb Juvenile Detention Center, where you will serve out your sentence beginning immediately. This court is ajorned." The Judge annonced and with that the sheriff started to take Archie away.

Archie and Mary hugged but he didn't have time to hug me. As I was pushed out of the way.

As the sheriff was walking Archie away I chased after them. I had to get one last word in. I had to hug him. I had to do something.

"Please, just let me talk to him." I said to the sheriff that was holding me back from getting to my brother, "LET ME GO!"

"He's innocent, he didn't do anything! Please." I said but the sheriff still wouldn't let me go.

That's when I had enough and I elbowed the sheriff in the face. It was sort of an accident, but at the same time totally on purpose.

I ran after Archie and got to him right before they could take him away. The sheriff tried to tell me to leave. But I refused until I got to talk to Archie for just a minute.

The sheriff finally agreed as he walked away slightly. I just looked at Archie, not knowing what to say now that I was talking to him.

"I'm sorry, Y/n." Archie said which just caused tears to fall down my face.

"No!" I shouted as I started to punch him in the chest, "You put me through hell this summer. And all you have to say is I'm sorry?"

Archie didn't say anything he just looked at me. I punched him in the chest again, not hard because I was in the middle of a mental break down, "All you had to do was stay quite and we could have gotten you out of this."

"Y/n, I didn't want to put you through that again." Archie said as the sheriff walked over and pushed me away from Archie.

Jughead ran as fast as he could towards me. Pulling me into an extremley tight hug as I sobbed into his shoulder. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"Jug, why did this have to happen?" I sobbed as I looked up at him, "Why couldn't I save him?"

"Hey, you did your best. You were amazing, but sometimes, you have to loose." Jughead said before pulling me back into a hug.

I could tell he wasn't looking at me though, as I sobbed into his shoulder. He was looking at everyone behind me. Most likely, everyone that was in that court room.

Sweet Pea, Fangs, and Toni ran over making it a Serpent group hug. As I continued to sob into Jughead's shoulder. This couldn't be the end, it just couldn't.

I am offically broken.