Chapter 41: Bye Midge

Alice Cooper was on stage Midge was on stage. I was suppose to be on stage but Kevin was trying to do finishing touches to my costume.

I finally had enough of it and slapped Kevin's hand away from me. He looked at me as if I was crazy, as if my costume wasn't perfect. Which for your information it is.

"Stop it! It's perfect and I have to be on stage!" I hissed before storming towards the stage.

Honestly after all this Musical stuff, I don't think becoming an Actress is my hobby. That's the only reason I joined the Musical in the first place though.

Because I'm trying to find my thing! And it's not this.

The rest of the cast was in the front row watching. I was about to come on stage when I saw a shaddy looking man run off stage. What the hell?

I thought of Midge and quickly ran on. That's when I saw the horror. Midge was dead...

"It's time to come out of the closet." Alice said from the other side of the prop because know one knew but me.

"Shit." I whispered to myself as the prop lifted to the air and screams of horror and gasps filled the autitorum.

"FOR GODS SAKES HELP HER!" Cheryl shouted from the front row and I knodded starting to pull the knives and scissors from Midges body.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks as I started to make steady breaths. This can't be good for me! This is not happening!

Archie rushed on stage as well and he helped me. He gave me glances knowing that I was scared. He knew I couldn't have done it, right? I was with Kevin until I got on stage.

I wouldn't have had enough time.

-Time skip-

I wanted to go to the funeral, I really did. But Midge's mom refused to let me come. She said that I was the reason for Midge's death. That I murdered her. That I should be behind bars.

Well I kind of know who she sounds like.

Asshole.

Oh who am I kidding? Huh? Of course I wasn't invited because half the town can barely even look at me without being in disgust. This is horrible...absolutly horrible.

I was pacing back and fourth in my room trying to think about what to do. The door shut and I heard my dad and Archie talking down stairs so I rushed down the stairs as fast as possible.

"I swear I didn't do it! You guys have to believe me." I broke down in tears practically falling down the staircase as I made it to the last step.

I hadn't seen my dad and Archie sense the musical becuase I've been to scared to come out of my room. What if they didn't believe me? I mean I'm not their real family they could just give me up to the coppers.

Sorry, I've been watching a lot of old movies.

"Hunny-" My dad started.

"No! NO! LISTEN TO ME!" I shouted in tears and Archie sat on the couch along side my dad. I started pacing back and fourth again before going on a rant.

"I couldn't have killed Midge! I was with Kevin until I got on stage. He would protect me right? Or would he just throw me under the bust so he's not a victom. And I can't even talk to Toni about this because I was stupid and broke up with her. I should have listened to her! Heard what she had to say!" I cried falling to my knees in the middle of the living room bawling my eyes out.

Just then the door opened and Betty and Veronica walked in with Jughead. Archie had me pulled into a tight hug still on the floor. I looked at them before looking at Archie.

He was looking at them with pleading eyes. He needed their help, and after all they put me through. They kind of deserve to help a little don't they?

The three of them rushed over and pulled me and Archie into a large group hug. I've missed this.

-Time skip-

I was sitting in the small room only a table seperating me from Sheriff Keller. Everyone in the Musical is getting talked to, but obviously he wanted to talk to me last.

So, I told everyone to go home but they refused. At least I know they're all by my side in this. Except for Moose he's kind of pissed off with me. But at this point I could care less.

I could tell they were all watching through the window. I mean you'd think they would give me a little bit of privacy but, them being them...They didn't.

"Okay let's start shall we." Sheriff Keller said as friendly as he could in this situation.

I didn't say anything back I kind of just starred at him. He thought I killed Midge... I know he does.

"Okay well let's start with these." Sheriff Keller said placing two letters made from magazins in bags on the table.

I sat up fully and looked at them. They were to Kevin clearly, they wanted Cheryl's role to be changed. So, it was obvious they were from Ethel.

I looked up at Keller with a straight face. I can't be intimidated, not now at least.

"You know what these are?" Sheriff Keller asked and I rolled my eyes, stupid question.

"They're letters." I replied slouching down again.

"To replace Cheryl right?" Sheriff Keller asked as if I didn't know how to read.

"Obviously..." I replied looking towards the glass, I couldn't see them...but they were there.

"I hear you and Toni broke up. Why is that?" Sheriff Keller asked causing me to snap my neck towards him.

I glared at him for a second, he shouldn't have brought that up. What does our break up have to do with anything?

"She cheated on me...with Cheryl..." I replied dragging on my last few words.

"And Midge came to you first? She was the one that helped you?" Sheriff Keller asked folding his arms on the table.

"Well I wouldn't say that she helped me. I mean yeah she became my best friend after that but we've always been best friends. She was my first crush if I'm being honest. Anyways...I was drunk half the time she was suppose to be helping me. So I don't remember most of what happened that night. Other then the fact that she kissed me then had to go on stage." I informed Sheriff Keller.

"And you were on stage for this scene too right?" Sheriff Keller asked and I simply knodded my head, "Well then where were you, if you weren't the one the killed Midge?"

"I was with Kevin." I replied as if it was obvious, "He was being a perfectionest at the time and had to make sure my costume was just perfect. So, when I finally got to the stage I saw a shady person run off. And me being the friend I am I ran on and saw well that." I replied pointing at the picture he had sitting on his desk.