Chapter 47: Stay the hell silent

I was reading at a table while Fangs and Sweet Pea were talking next to me

I was reading at a table while Fangs and Sweet Pea were talking next to me. My back was against Sweet Pea as I had my knees tucked into my chest.

While reading the PA went off, "Attention students, this is Principal Weatherbee. I need Y/n Andrews to come to my office immediately."

I dropped my book to the ground in shock. I jaw opened as I turned around to look at Sweet Pea and Fangs. I gulped sliding off the bench and Sweet Pea grabbed my wrist.

"Are you seriously going?" Sweet Pea asked looking at me as if I was crazy and I shrugged my shoulders.

"What the fuck do you want me to do Sweet Pea?" I hissed yanking my wrist from his.

I started to walk down the hall trying to get out of the school. Of course I wasn't going to go to the principal's office. I'm not crazy. And I'm certainly not going to jail for something I didn't do.

While walking down the hall I ran into Jughead and Toni. They both looked worried and out of breath as if they had been looking for me. And in all reality they probably were, I think everyone is at the moment. The video of me and Midge leaked and now I'm freaking out more then ever.

"The video's everywhere? How did it get out?" I panicked as Jughead grabbed my shoulders and made  eye contact with me.

"We have to get you out of here, all right?" Jughead said as Reggie, Kevin, and Moose started running down the stairs as if I didn't tell them I was the one with Midge.

"You're dead, Andrews!" Reggie shouted and I gulped looking even more frantic, maybe Reggie didn't believe me and he thought I was covering. Because that sure seems to be the way it's going.

"This way." Jughead said as he pushed me and Toni ran behind us.

"Mrs. Andrews." The new sheriff said appearing out of nowhere and I gulped, "We need you to come with us."

"I didn't do anything." I said on the verge of tears as I backed up into Jughead scared for my life.

I tried to turn around but Reggie and the bull dogs were in my way. I cursed under my breath before trying to make a run for it. But the Sheriffs pinned me against the wall.

While trying to restrain me, a pocket knife fell out of my bag. I didn't even know I had one and I looked just as shocked as everyone else.

"Fuck..." I mumbled before the cops grabbed my hands and yanked them behind my back, cuffing my hands together.

"Call my dad!" I shouted looking at Jughead and he nodded fumbling to pull his phone out of his pocket.

-Later that week-

My dad had already come to talk to me. He told me to be honest with the sheriff. Because if sheriff Keller trusted me then maybe the new sheriff would to. I don't know if that's true to be honest though.

"You were in Midge Klump's dressing room doing what, exactly?" The sheriff said slamming his hands down on the table in front of me.

I jumped slightly before replying, "We were just running lines! I DIDN'T KILL HER!"

"Didn't you? With this knife you had on your person? And we went through the rest of your backpack, and locker. Everything that Cheryl was receiving was in there. And the supplise Midge was killed with, was in your locker! How do you explain that!?" The sheirff asked and my eyes started to fill with tears because I didn't know how this was possible.

"Don't say another word." Atternoy McCoy said bardging into the room with Jughead and my dad, "I'll be representing Mrs. Andrews from here on out. And I'd appreciate it, if you'd stop harassing my client."

I smiled at Jughead and my dad. Oh thank fuck. I couldn't believe they did this for me. I wanted to dance around but I kept my cool until I was returned to my cell.

The new sheriff left the four of us alone. Me behind bars. My dad and Jugheaed sitting on the desk and Atternoy McCoy standing opposite of me.

"You're being held because you were in possession of a weapon on school property, and apperently having all the stuff they found." Atternoy McCoy said in an anxtious voice, I could tell she was going to have a hard time covering for me.

"I swear, I didn't know that was in there. And plus after the play we weren't aloud at school for a week. And during that week I got scent to the hospital. So, someone could have tinkered with my bag, which let me remind you I left in my locker." I explained and Atternoy McCoy nodded in understandment.

"Yes. Well, they have 24 hours to make something stick." Atternoy McCoy explained and I tangled my hands in my hair, "In the meantime, you exercise your right to remain the hell silent."

"Yeah okay, where's Archie? He knows I didn't do it right?" I asked worried as Atternoy McCoy left so it was only my dad, me and Jughead left in the room.

"Archie is working some things out with Reggie, he said he wanted to come. But need to deal with this first." My dad explained and Jughead nodded along, "He sent his love."