Chapter 87: Opening night

Everyone stood on stage in costume. I had to admit this whole play thing was fun. But I hated my costume. It was itchy, and I don't know how I feel about wearing this much red.

"Listen up, folks war is over." Betty sang as the curtains rised.

"Brand new sheriff's come to town." Jughead sang as the lights slowly turned on, showing the cast lined up on stage.

"We are done with acting evil." I sang, as I did my best not to whip all the makeup off, "We will lay our weapons down."

"We're all damaged we're all frightened." Veronica sang next, grabbing one of my fingers and sqeezing it as I looked down at her parents, "We're all freaks but that's all right."

"We'll endure it. We'll survive it. Martha, are you free tonight?" Josie sang, in that amazing voice of hers.

I still can't believe she's dating my brother of all people.

"I can't promise. No more Heathers." I struggled to sing, because singing wasn't really my thing.

But everyone else thought I sounded amazing.

"High school may not ever end." Archie sang, I miss when he would show me his songs.

"Still I miss you." Toni sang, and if I'm being completely honest I loved her voice, "I'd be honored, if you'd let me be your friend."

"My friend." All the girls sang in unison, as I still struggled with all the makeup on my face.

It was driving me insane.

"We can be 17. We can learn how to chill. If no one loved me now. Someday somebody will." The girls continued to sing and the boys vocalized in the background towards the end.

"We can be 17. Still time to make things right. We want a better world. So why not start tonight?" The girls continued to sing, the boys vocalizing in the background making everything sound perfect.

"Let's go be 17." The girls sang as I started to remove my jacket along with the other girls.

"Let's go be 17." The boys repeated.

"Take off our shoes and dance." The girls continued to sing as I threw my jacket behind me, "Act like we're all still kids. Cause this may be our final chance. Always be 17."

"We can be beutiful." The boys harmonized.

"Celebrate you and I. Maybe we won't grow old. And maybe then we'll never die." We sang as we did a quick dance move, "We'll make it beautiful. We'll make it beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful."

We repeated the same word over and over. As we danced our way. The way I sang was full of emotion, to the point where I had to fight the tears from rolling down my cheeks.

We finished and one single person started clapping. He stood up slowly as he clapped slowly, I had no clue who the man was. But by the smile on Evelyn's face, he had to be her dad I'm assuming.

Everyone started clapping the same way as they stood up. But only the people dressed in white would. And it was freaking me the fuck out.

My breathing got heavier as I grabbed Betty's hand in fear. She sqeezed my hand in reasurence.

After the show me and Archie found our dad. Who was talking with FP, Gladys, Jellybean, and Jughead.

"There she is! Star of the show." Jughead said as I ran over and he twirled me in a circle, "You were amazing, who knew you could sing."

"Shut up." I grumbled as Archie laughed.

"You did amazing kiddo." My dad said pulling me into a hug as Archie messed up my hair.

"I can't believe it, my older sister on stage, the main role!" Jellybean said with a grin as she spinned in a circle.

"Did you just say older sister?" Jughead asked but his question was ignored as FP and Gladys pulled me into a hug.

"Way to go." Gladys said as she rubbed my back and FP sqeezed the living life out of me.