Chapter 46: Dark Circle

Me and Jughead walked towards our lockers when we noticed that pictures of black circles were hung up everywhere

Me and Jughead walked towards our lockers when we noticed that pictures of black circles were hung up everywhere. I gulped, maybe Reggie and Moose didn't take the whole Midge thing as well as I thought they did.

Jughead rolled his eyes before ripping two of the papers off mine and his locker. Archie walked past us and me and Jughead looked at each other before grabbing both of Archie's arms and pulling him into an empty classroom.

There I slammed the paper on the desk and Archie looked at me nervous as Jughead said, "This is some pretty forceful branding, Archie."

"Reggie made those, not me." Archie attempted to explain but for some odd reason I couldn't find it in me to believe him.

I mean Archie created the red circle or dot. I'm not quite sure what it was, but it ended up horribly. Me and Veronica had to stop a dog fight between the bulldogs and the serpents. And believe me, it wasn't easy.

"I need your Dark Circle to just lay off my Serpents." Jughead said glancing at me fore a mere second before looking right back at Archie, "Even though they were technically right about something."

"What do you mean?" Archie questioned as if he wasn't with the bulldogs when they envaded the Serpent meeting.

"Me conoodling with Midge? Are you seriously that stupid?" I said and Archie turned to look at me with an apologetic face, "But I didn't kill her, I had no reason to."

"But rest assured, none of my crew is a middle-aged white guy with green eyes." Jughead said changing the subject just slightly, "And that's who you're still looking for, right?"

"Yeah." Archie replied before looking at me, "I'll tell Reggie to lay off."

"Thank you." Me and Jughead said in unison.

"In the meantime, I need to back some possibly incriminating footage from the new Sheriff." Jughead said extremley annoyed as him and Archie made eye contact once again,"Have you met him yet?"

That's the only reason I'm so worried about becoming another suspect. Is the fact that Sheriff Keller believed me, but I haven't even meet the new Sheriff and I don't know if he'll even bother hearing what I have to say.

I guess we'll find out.

"No. But do you mind if I tag along?" Archie asked and a small smile grew on Jughead's face.

The smile quickly faded as the two walked out of the room and I sighed as I sat in the teachers chair. What in the world do I do now?

Time skip:

I was sitting at Pop's with my head resting on Jughead's shoulder while him and FP were talking. Me and Jughead have been closer then ever these past few weeks, it's felt really nice.

"Sheriff Minetta wouldn't give me back my footage." Jughead explaiend to me and FP as he rubbed my shoulder slightly, "Says he wants to go through it frame by frame."

"It's only a matter of timebefore he puts two and two together and brings Y/n in." FP said glancing at me to see if I was okay but my eyes were locked on the small cup of coffee in front of me, "Damn it. Of all of the girls in Riverdale High..."

"What do I do?" Me and Jughead asked in unison as I lifted my head from his shoulder.

"If you run, you look guilty." FP said turning all of his attention towards me, and of course I already knew that, "If you get caught withholding the truth, you'll look like the killer."

Jughead scoffed as a single tear slid down my cheek and he brought me into a tight hug, "It's a perfect storm. The Lodges endorsed this new Sheriff. They want Midge's killer caught and if it's a Southsider, so much for better."

"Then we hunker down..." FP Explained and I looked at the two of them confused as Jughead still had his arms wrapped tightly around me, "Get ready to fight."

Archie picked me up not to much later and I gave Jughead a hug before leaving. I couldn't help but think about Midge the whole ride home. I couldn't have killed her, so who did?

Me and Archie walked inside to see my dad looking down at the counter. I looked at Archie who looked at me and then I turned my attention back towards dad.

"Dad what's that?" I asked hanging my jacket up with Archie.

Dad holds up a peice of paper that reads 'your next sinner.'

"I found this on the front pource. I can only assume it's from our old pal, the Black Hood." My dad explained and I gasped because things are already crazy enough as it is.

"Fuck..." I said under my breath as I tangled my hands in my hair.