Chapter 21: this is going to take a second

I went back to my house and my dad looked at me shocked when I walked in with the bronze head. I gave him a quick smile before explaining.

"This isn't what it looks like." I said not even bothering to hide the head.

He's already seen it so what's the point.

"Really because it looks like my daughter just walked in with the bronze head everyone's been looking for." My dad said crossing his arms.

"Okay sit down this is going to take a second." I said and I set the Bronze head down on the island in the kitchen.

My dad didn't say anything, he just sat down and waited for me to start explaining. But honestly I don't know where I'm suppose to begin because there has been so much going on the past few days.

"Okay I'll start with two days ago, when Sheriff Keller came to see me." I said looking at my dad.

"Ya what does that have to do with the head?" My dad asked still not taking his eyes off the head I brought in.

"He was giving me a letter from Mayor McCoy." I said looking through the junk drawer.

I found the letter and slid across the island until it was in his possestion. He looked at me confused before reading the letter and I could see his face light up with shock.

He put the letter down and then looked back up to me. Still he didn't say anything, meaning it was time for me to continue talking.

"Anyways, I went to go see the Serpents that night. Tall Boy acussed me and Toni of beheading the statue-" I started but before I continue I got cut off.

"Wait isn't Toni your girlfriend?" My dad asked confused.

I could feel the pink that flushed my cheeks as he asked that. Because I've had a crush on her for awhile but she's not my girlfriend, not yet at least. We've gone on one date and hit it off.

But neither one of us has asked the other on a second date.

"No, but I like her." I answered before continueing, "Anyways FP got in the middle told me he would help me out with everything, the next night I ended up yelling at Jughead telling him it was all his fault. Because if I never became a Serpent I wouldn't be in the mess. But turns out Hiram Lodge was the one wanting me behind bars-"

My dad then stopped me again, "You yelled at Jughead?"

My dad was confused because like I said me and Jughead have never once faught. So it comes off as a huge surprise that I yelled at him.

Honestly thought I'm surprised he hasn't yelled at me a million times. I bug him a lot by calling him Juggy. And sometimes I feel like I bug him just by breathing.

He's a very weird person, a person you barley ever understand.

"Yes-" I started trying to continue talking.

"And Hiram Lodge wants you behind bars?" My dad asked angirly.

"Yes Mayor McCoy told me that, told me her hands were tied and that she needed my help. So, I'm probably going to be helping with a lot of other things." I continued, "Anyways tonight at Veronica's after party Me, Jughead, and Betty got a call that someone had found the bronze head. We quickly ran to get it when the person told us a disription of the person that brought in the bronze head."

I let out a deep breath because that was a lot of talking for a small little me and then I continued talking.

"The the description of the person just happened to match Tall Boy. So I got him down to the station after he admited to beheading the statue under Hiram Lodge's command. Then I asked Mayor McCoy and Sheriff Keller if I could keep the head. And I told them I want to give it to someone special." I finally finished.

"And that person is?" My dad asked still a little confused.

"The Lodges." I smiled and my dad glanced at the front door before looking back at me.

"I don't know how Archie is going to take that." My dad said

"I don't care how Archie takes it, he's not the one that Hiram Lodge is trying to get behind bars." I explained, "Damn it, I don't even know why I'm wanted behind bars."

I then stormed up to my room with the head and I found a large blue present box in my closet. I smiled before filling it with wrapping paper and placing the head inside.

I then drove to the Lodge's apartment where I gave the present to the friendly doorman.

Can't wait to see Veronica on Monday!