Chapter 56: Working at Pops

Jughead took me to his trailor after the court case. He figured that I needed someone to be with me, for support. Veronica and Betty had each other. My dad had Mary. But I had nobody.

When we got inside Jughead threw his keys onto the table when he noticed something. He looked up confused, as if there was suppose to be something or someone there.

"Dilton?" Jughead called out making me look at him confused.

He walkd towads the rolled up peice of paper on the table as I followed him. Ever sense the court case was dismissed and Archie was taken away, I haven't let go of Jughead.

He was the first person to comfort me. And I'll forever thank him for that.

He unrolled the paper to see a weird drawing on it. Some sort of bone headed creature, I'm not quite sure what it is. But it was weird.

He then turned it to the other side. To see some sort of hidden hand writting in red ink. Which just got me more confused then I actully was at the moment.

Jughead placed the map up to the map on the wall. When he noticed something in the bottom corner. I don't think it's a good think either.

And what ever it was, it was at Fox Forest Park.

He grabbed his keys and his compuse, "Come on we have to go check something out."

"Yeah, okay." I said as I followed him out of the trailor.

-Time skip-

It had gotten dark. As me and Jughead were walking through the forest with a map and his compus. We both had flashlights as we were looking around.

I'm not sure what we're doing, but Jughead seems to be worried. And sense he's worried, I'm more worried then I was when we left the court house.

That's when I saw it. I tapped Jughead's shoulder making him look up. I then pointed my flashlight at the large statue that looked like the drawing on the paper.

Birds started screeching and flying around us. Causing both me and Jughead to jump as he turned around so he was up against my back.

"What the hell is going on?" I whispered to him.

"I have no idea." He said turning back around so he was at my side when we saw people.

They were in nothing but their under garments. There bodies were hunched over as if they were bowing to the statue. And the letters or the language on the paper was carved into their backs.

"Oh my god." I said as my eyes widened.

"Dilton." Jughead asked as we walked closer to the bodies.

"I think their dead." I whispered, because they sure didn't look alive.

That's when we noticed two cups surronded by candles. A type of blue liquid was in it. I'm not sure what it was, but based on the way the two bodies were, I garentee it's poisned.

Jughead got down next to the bodies when when one of them started moving. And vomiting causing me to scream as I stumbled to the ground. That's not right.

"Ben! Ben!" Jughead shouted.

"Oh my god Ben! Okay, look." I said as he was breathing heavily and I came to the other side of Ben looking at Jughead confused.

Blueish greenish gew was at the corner of his mouth. This caused me to shudder as I looked at it. This really wasn't good, this wasn't good at all.

"Look. Stay with me. Come on. Come on." Jughead said as he looked just as confused.

"Help! HELP!" I shouted as I started to cry slightly, not knowing what to do. I was freaking out.

-Time skip-

After the whole situation with Ben. I went home, as soon as we got him help of course. I didn't just leave Jughead to figure it out by himself.

But I agreeed to start helping Veronica at Pops. Because me and her were going to be working together a lot. We were going to find a way to get Archie out of Juvie. If it's the last thing we do.

My dad, Mr. Keller, and FP were sitting at the bar in front of me and Veronica. I have to admit, I'm loving my uniform.

"I just got off the phone with the warden at juvenile hall." My dad said as he sat down across from where I was standing as I was preparing coffee for him, "He says that Archie's being processed, he's okay."

"Thank god." Veronica sighed as I started to pour my dad the cup of coffee.

"Yeah. I got a line on those three thugs." My dad said turning towards Mr. Keller and FP, "That gave false testimony against him."

That irritated me, I couldn't believe some people. Me, Mary, and Attorney McCoy went through so much just for people to lie during a testimony.

"I'm friends with the sheriff over at Shadow Country." Mr. Keller replied, "They found the remains of a campfire in the deep woods."

"Archie's in jail, and these cretins are basically camping." I said rolling my eyes as I put the coffee pot back and walked towards the three men again.

"Not for long. We'll make damn sure of that." FP said trying to reasure me, he was practically my second father.

"Meanwhile, I'll keep the home fires burning at Riverdale High." Veronica said, "So everyone knows my Archiekins will be back in time for Homecoming."

"Oh yeah, that's coming up isn't it." I said out of nowhere and Veronica chuckled slightly.

"Yeah, are you and Toni ever going to get back together, I was hoping to see you guys walk in to Homecoming together." Veronica said and I just laughed at her response.

"Yeah right, me and Toni..." I laughed shaking my head slightly.

"Well what about you and Jughead. You've been really close lately." Veronica said smirking at me as I just shook my head.

"He's already got a girlfriend." I replied as I started to walk away.

"So you like him?" Veronica chased after me.

"No, I don't." I replied as I walked up to a table.

Me and Veronica were going to end up being good friends. I could feel it. Even if it is just to make sure Archie gets out of Juvie, after all he doesn't belong there.