Chapter 35: How could you not tell me

I was sitting in the dark living room waiting for my dad to come home. It's been a week sense I've found out about the whole me being a Lodge thing. I was going to interigate my dad earlier but he was under a lot of stress.

And now that he's doing better, it's time for the interigation.

I heard the door slowly open and I heard the voices of my dad and my brother. I pulled the string to the lamp, so it was like when a teenager walks in late for curfew. It was awsome.

Both of them jumped in shock and turned to see me. My brother rubbed the back of his neck knowing what was coming. But my dad looked completely confused.

"It's time we have a talk, about my biological family." I said crossing my arms and my dad turned bright red.

I get that he's not really my dad, but he's the person that raised me. And for that he will always and forever be my dad.

"I'm going to go upstairs." Archie said sprinting up the stairs as fast as his legs could carry him.

"So, you know about the Hermione thing?" My dad asked walking into the living room and turning on the light.

"How could you not tell me?" I asked fighting back tears as I looked at my dad, the person who lied to me my whole life.

"I didn't want to tell you because I didn't think you were ready, and I was going to tell you this year but you got so stressed over the Toni thing, and helping Jughead. That I continued to think you weren't ready." My dad explained and a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"I just don't understand, you let me think that Mr. Lodge wanted me behind bars or dead for no reason. When the whole time you knew the reason." I sniffled and looked at my dad for an answer but he was starring off into the distance.

"I'm sorry hunny I really am, I just want whats best for you." My dad said pulling me into a hug, "Maybe I can call Hermione and you can talk to her about all of this."

"I'd like that." I smiled into the hug before letting go and heading to my room for bed.

-A week later-

Hermione has been really busy with the Mayor stuff that she didn't have time to get me in for a while. But when my dad told her what it was about finally she cleared her scedule right up.

So now I'm getting ready to go to lunch with apperently my mother. This is deffinitly going to be intresting, because I've barley said two words to Hermione and now I have to have a full on conversation with her.

I just don't know how I'm going to handle it.

I curled my hair (if possible) and put on this:

I made my way down the stairs to see Veronica and Archie at my kitchen counter eating and laughing

I made my way down the stairs to see Veronica and Archie at my kitchen counter eating and laughing. Veronica spent the night last night like usual. The two looked at me and noticed that I actully did my hair.

"Where are you going so fancy?" Archie laughed and I rolled my eyes before responding.

"I have a very important meeting if you must know, and then I'm going out with Toni." I replied before skipping out the door.

That's not all the way true, I wish I could go hang out with Toni but she's doing something with Cheryl. I just don't want my brother to think I'm getting all fancy for a Lodge.

Because after all, all I've done is try and ruin their lives sense they got here. But now that I know Mrs. Lodge is my mom I kind of want to impress her just a little bit.

I arrived at Pop's chocolet shop and I could see that I beat Hermione here. Which isn't a huge surprise because I'm a few minutes early.

I found a booth in the corner and Pop came over to take my order, "The usual Y/n?"

"Yep." I smiled nodding my head and he walked back to the kitchen.

A few minutes later Hermione walked in as Pop set my strawberry milkshake in front of me. I thanked him as Hermione made her way over to my table and sat across from me.

She took her sunglasses off and set her purse close to her body as if someone was going to steal it. The two of us just starred at each other until I finally decided to say something.

"What's the real reason you and Veronica moved here?" I asked, because well I knew the answer I just want to hear it come out of her mouth, "I mean you could have moved anywhere. And you choose here?"

"You see...when I found out that Fred was still living in Riverdale, and Hiram was in prison. I thought I would move her with Veronica because not only would it be good for her, but I could see you live your last few years of high school." Hermione explained as if she really did care about me, and the way she was telling me this made me actully think she did.

"How come you never told me, and you just watched." I asked taking a sip of my milkshake.

She placed one of her hands on mine and looked into my eyes in a comforting way, "I didn't think you would forgive me for not wanting to see you grow up."

"Well your right, I don't know why I'm talking to you now." I mumbled the last part under my breath but by her reaction I think she heard me.

"I understand if you don't want me in your life, I really do but now that Hiram knows I'd like to do this every so often. Just me and you at Pops talking." Hermione smiled at me and it was so comforting I accepted the offer.

A/n: I have a Map test tomarrow and I'm super worried about what I'm going to get because I literlly had one day to study, so please wish me luck.