64 - conciliation

NARRATOR

Stubbornness is the biggest weakness a person can have when it comes to people they care about.

If you know that you are wrong, then there is no use giving excuses or argue. Just apologize and ponder the cause.

"Usap tayo."

Samantha coldy said to Irene, but deep inside she wants to apologize. She want to give thanks for what she found out that Irene did to her and to her family.

"Sure, ngayon na ba?" Irene asked.

"Mamaya, pumunta ka sa kwarto ko." Irene just nodded in response, she continued eating while still didn't let go of Samantha's hand underneath.

After Samantha finished her meal, she went straight to her room and didn't even help to clean the dining table with her dining companions.

When she entered the room, the tears that she had been wanting to come out of her eyes while on the dining table, immediately began to flow like a river.

After she knew everything, she wanted to hurt herself in anger because of she treated Irene wrongly, she treated her lovely girlfriend erroneously. She knew enough to end her anger towards Irene and replace it with gratitude and forgiveness.

She covered her mouth, so as not to hear her sobs and sniffles of her parents, especially Irene outside of her room. Her knees were almost shaking, kaya napaupo siya sa sahig.

"A-ang tanga tanga mo Samantha! You d-didn't listen to her side.."

"Mas inuna mong pangunahan ng pag-iisip nang kung ano-ano ang sarili mo. Hinayaan mo siyang masaktan sa mga sinasabi mo tungkol sa kan'ya!"

"Y-you're so stupid and n-numb! She doesn't deserve you if you making her feel that way. You're fucking worthless, Samantha!" Halos sabunutan na niya ang buhok niya dahil sa galit sa sarili niya.

Her heart were almost shattered and filled with guilt at the same time. Her mind was also full of conscience.

On the other hand, Irene was about to enter Samantha's room while carrying a bowl of 'Banana con ice' for her girlfriend, but inadvertently she hears her fiancée talking to someone and seems furious.

She set aside the dessert she was carrying for her girlfriend when she began to wonder. Fiancée? Or should I say ex fiancée? Lol kidding.

"Love, Samantha?"

When Samantha heard her girlfriend's knocks and voice from the door, she started to got nervous. She immediately stood up and wiped away those tears on her eyes like as if nothing had happened.

"Love, can you open the door, please? Nandito na ako," Irene calmly pleased.

Samantha opened the door for her as she gestured Irene to go in. She was just crouching down, trying to stop her hiccups.

Irene brought the bowl that filled with Banana con Ice and kindly gave it to Samantha. "For you. Gawa 'yan ni tita Mira for us,"

"Thank you." Tinabi muna ni Samantha ang pagkain sa lamesa sa kan'yang kwarto bago harapin si Irene.

She tries to avoid glancing at Irene, dahil baka mapansin sa mata niya na kakagaling sa iyak. But no matter how hard she tried to avoid, she still couldn't escape from Irene.

Irene furrowed in curiosity when she noticed that Samantha was really crying since it can be noticed in her reddish eyes, in her nose like rudolph the reindeer, and hoarse voice.

"Are you okay, love? Umiyak ka ba? Bakit namamaga 'yang mata mo?"

"N-no.. Napuwing lang." She lied which Irene secretly scoffs because of her fiancée that doesn't really know how to lie.