Chapter 20 - Collecting Information

Nandini walked inside the dining room and found no one. She frowned slightly was about to call for a maid when she heard foot steps behind her. She turned around and saw Shay was coming- almost running inside. She panted patting get chest.

"What happened? You looked like you just ran a thousand miles to reach here?" Nandini asked.

"I was-" Shay panted.

Nandini handed her a glass of water "here, drink this first and calm your nerves before you explain anything"

They sat on the chairs and Shay drank the water. Her dry throat wetted with coolness and she felt good.

"I went to bring the threads personally in the Peach Flower Restaurant"

"Why do you went out in this sunny weather? You should have stayed in the manor. Besides there are maids to run your works "

Shay smiled "I know, but I wanted to go out for a bit and also place a few more orders. I wanted to do it personally "

"Fine, if that's what you wish. I won't interfere. Just don't get yourself burnt in the sun"

Shay laughed "it should be me, giving such instructions and yet things are other way around here"

Nandini smiled "I just don't want you to get into any trouble. Next time if it's not important don't get out of the manor. And if you want to then take few more guards with you"

"Okay, I will remember that" Shay nodded.

"Now leys have meal" Nandini said and clapped her hand. The maids entered bringing dishes for lunch. Shay looked at the dishes and sighed. The wooden table was filed with exclusive dishes. Tehari, Aloo Kachalu, Indrahar, Chicken Kolhapuri, Seekh Kebab Korma, Mirch Ka Salan, Cooked Rice. And for sweetness Balushahi was made.

"This is too much" Shay shook her head "we can't even finish eating all these"

Nandini smiled "you need to taste new dishes elder sister. Just eat good and nourish your health"

"But-"

"Don't forget we are not the only one living here" Nandini reminded. Shay nodded and they started to eat.

Life has become my more comfortable for them after they seperated from the minister mansion. Shay never thought she could live happily in this life. If their parents were alive then they would be happy but unfortunately they couldn't see what their children had now. After finishing the meal Nandini talked with Shay for few moments before she left again. Shay went to her room. Umi brought her boxes of threads.

"Master, miss has brought new bolts of silk fabrics" she as she two maids dragged a wooden chest inside the room.

"Hmm... But I already received the ordered fabrics" Shay looked at the chest.

"Miss said it was not for order. It was for you. She want you to make few more new dresses to wear" Umi replied with a smile.

"My?" Shay walked towards the chest. She opened it and gasped "these...." Her eyes glued on the bolts of fabrics piled in the chest "are Messaline Satins"

"What kind of satin it is miss?" Umi asked.

"Messaline satin is very lightweight and has a high shine, and it's usually woven from rayon or silk" Shay replied "Nandini really has a good taste in choosing Fabrics "

"Lady Nandini is so considerate. She is always thinking about you"

Shay was tracing her fingers over the smooth texture of the fabric when her hand paused. Umi was right, Nandini was thinking about her but what about her? Afterall she is Nandini 's elder sister. She also needed to do something. Shay thought for a while then turned around to look at Umi.