Chapter 55 - Choice For Myra

For the first time in life Myra started to feel what the real meaning to fear. The person before him looked like a terrified Demon, not less than the king of hell. After bribing the maid who brought her food she was able to sneak out of the mansion. She didn't know the way where Quasar Hall is. But when she saw a group of dancers were moving forward, she accidentally heard that they were invited in the Quasar Hall for performance. She immediately felt happy. She took the chance and got mingle with the group of maids in the troop.

She knew if she wanted to leave she had to find Prince Manik. If he says that he wants her then her father couldn't do anything at all. So she decided to seduce him the moment she saw him sitting in the hall. But before she could serve the wine, she got caught. Fear started to clench around her chest. She always imagined Prince Manik to be lovely, fairy god, who will look at her with a loving gaze, pamper her to death. But the person before him was far from that imagination. The look he was giving her already sucking her soul out of her body. Her body trembled, even her father don't look this scary at all.

"You..your.... highness?" She called out trying to suppress the fear as much as she could.

Manik smirked at her. His clutch on her wrist tightened almost breaking the bones. Myra couldn't help but yelp in pain.

"What honour do I have to be graced by the daughter of Prime Minister? Is this what a reputed young lady behaves? Sneaking inside a man's living space disguising as a lowly maid?"

Myra flinched. He caught her identity. She bit her lips and her body shook with fear "your highness, my father is forcing marriage on me. I don't want to marry"

"What does your marriage has anything to do with me? Do I look like a marriage judge to you? The perception of the Prime Minister 's daughter is really different from others. She couldn't even differentiate people?"

Myra's eyes brimmed with tears. Her wrist was already paining and the words he said stabbed her heart. She forced her tears back and said softly.

"Your highness, please help me. I don't want to marry anyone else but you. The moment I saw you I have admired you. I already think of you as my husband, how can I agree to the marriage arrangement with another man? My heart only had you, that's why I came here, I know your highness is gentle and righteous and will definitely understand my feelings" she said in such a voice that everyone in the hall started to pity her. Her gaze was delicate and seductive as she looked at him. No man can refuse such delicate beauty. Myra believes her beautiful is earth shaking and Prince Manik will never have the heart to reject her earnest feeling towards him.

Manik who listened to her suddenly smirked "oh, there are many woman who admire me, even the confession of romantic affair is nothing new. Tell me should I take everyone who confess to me?"

"Your highness, I am sincere and I am not like those other woman. I love you with my heart" Myra insisted.

"Oh, you love me?"

Myra nodded "yes"

He raised an eyebrow  "and you can do anything?"

Myra didn't think clearly and nodded her head.

Manik let go of her hand and moved back. Zain handed him a handkerchief and Manik wiped his hand with it. Then he threw a sharp knife at her.

"Since you are so sincere, then why don't you proof it? Take the knife and cut yourself"

Myra's eyes widened as she looked at him. She could do anything but how can she take the chance to hurt herself? The most important thing in her life was her beauty and today if she cut herself to show sincerity the one who will get hurt was herself too. Though she thinks that after it,  she may become the consort of Prince Manik but will he love her if she has scars on her skin? What if he takes liking in other person after seeing her scars. So many thoughts were running in her mind but she didn't dared to raise her hand to grab the knife. She eyed the knife with fear.