Chapter 130 - Samyukta Has Something More

In Tanishq,  Samrat Shayak was anxious. When he heard that Tanishq failed in the war, his heart stopped beating. He believed that Parv will win because he had the advantage of secret army. But he don't know what wrong went in there for him to lose the battle. He knew that Quasar is powerful, they even beat the great Hunas. But Parv had assured him, he was so sure of winning over Quasar in this battle. But as he was expecting and waiting for the news of victory, he heard Tanishq failed in the battle. Shayak was so shocked that he couldn't help but felt his heart clenched. Quasar princes are knows merciless in battle. They wouldn't recognise who is family or friend, they will kill even if the opponent has blood ties. As for Parv, even if they are cousins they never had any kind of interaction since birth. They never knew eachother or had any family feelings. In this way, Shayak believe the next news he will hear will shatter his heart.

"Your majesty" Shayak looked up to see Arna supported by her maids walking towards him.

"Why are you here?" Shayak frowned "you should be resting in your room"

"Your majesty, how can I rest when my beloved son is fighting with his life in battle?" Arna shook her head and walked towards him. The maids helped her sit on the couch near Shayak.

"My heart is restless and I couldn't wait but to come here and ask about the news of war"

Shayak sighed "Samragyee, there's a bad news". He wanted to hide it from her but he knew how long can do that? She will know it sooner or later.

"Bad news?" Arna's heartbeat raised. "What is it your majesty? What kind of news? Is Parv wounded or something?"

"We lost in the war. Tanishq failed to conquer Quasar"

Arna gasped "no,no..." She shook her head "how could this be happen? My son lost the war against Quasar? But he said he has advantage and this time Quasar couldn't cope up the fight. How can we lose your majesty? There must be something wrong. You have to check on this matter properly. My son couldn't lose this war. He just couldn't" she shook her head.

"Get hold of yourself. You need to calm down" Shayak shook her holding her shoulders.

"How could I do that when my son is still in the war" she screamed losing all her dignity of the Samragyee. Right now she has become a woman in agony.

"Don't forget he isy son too" Shayak warned in anger. Already the tension was going higher and higher and now Arna's behaviour made him angry.

Arna glared at him "son? No he is not your son. If he was your son then you wouldn't send him away outside the capital when he was badly wounded. You would have taken his side instead of punishing him like that. If you think him as your son then you wouldn't send him to the war to fight just when he was healed. You still saying he is your son? How could you?"

Hearing the accusations Shayak got more angry. And he did something he never thought of doing. He raised his hand and slapped her hard making her fell on the arm of the couch.

"How dare you raise your voice at me? Just because I favour you, it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. I have given you much freedom which made your blind and you couldn't even recognise whom you are talking with. You are accusing me for that? If I didn't punished him those princes of Quasar would have killed him. Haven't you seem how badly Manik beat him? Were you blind? You couldn't even understand a small thing?" He shouted at her.

The slap was so hard which made Arna's mind fuzzy. For a while she couldn't think of anything and given to her bad health her vision was blurry. She supported her body and get up and about to say when the Advisor rushed inside without any announcement.