Go for the head

y/n's POV
"That's cute, Thanos has a retirement plan." Rhodey said in amusement. "so where's is he?" Steve ask. "When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero from power surge of a ridiculously coson of a bi-" Rocket explain before I cut him off.

"Language built-a-bear and no one's ever seen anything like it until.....two days ago...." I continue I show them a hologram of a planet. "on this planet." all eyes focusing on the screen until Nebula breaks the silence. "Thanos is there." she said.

"He used the stones again." I turn to Nat and we both lock eyes in worry. "Hey, hey, hey...we'd be going in short-handed, you know?" Bruce states. Now all of them arguing whether they should go or not. I leaned at the table nearby pinching the bridge of my nose.

"so, let's just get 'em. We use them to bring everyone back." Carol interjects. "Just like that?" Bruce ask her clearly not believe. "yeah, that's the least we can do right now Bruce." I said with a heavy sigh. "Even if there's a small chance we can undo this, I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." Nat state.

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently as it did before?" Bruce argued. "because at that time, we didn't have Carol, we didn't have Nebula, we didn't have much info about Thanos. Now we have them. We have to do this, we have to bring everyone back.... Together." I smile at him weakly covering the tears that starts to come out.

Suddenly Thor stand and walk towards us with a serious face. "You heard the mortal." he said after summon his new hammer. I smirk knowing what I'm thinking. "Let's go get this son of a gun." Steve said asking us to suit up.

"I'll head down for recon." Carol then fly down to the planet to check. I then take out a small picture of us. All happy as a family back then.

Us on Tony's shoulder

Natasha's POV
"This is gonna work malyshka. Everything's gonna be fine." I said reassuring. "it has to. I wouldn't be the same person if it don't." she said in monotone.

y/n's POV

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses. It's just him." Carol inform. "Then that's enough." Nebula states. Rhodey, Bruce and Thor lead by Carol were the first one launch an attack at the big guy. While Nat, me, Nebula and Rocket lead by Steve walk in the moment Thor had cut his gauntlet hand.

"oh no." I rush to the racoon and shock as all of the stones were gone. I immediately pull out my gun and shoot his right ribs. "Where are they?" I point the gun at his chin. "The universe required correction. After that, the stones leave no purpose, beyond temptation." I fall backwards with my mouth covers.

"you murdered trillions!" Bruce push him harshly. "you should be grateful." the purple guy said and get punch by Bruce in the face. "Where are the stones?" Nat ask with a shaky breath. "gone. Reduce to atoms." he explain. "you used them two days ago." Bruce shout.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be." he said with a smirk. "I am inevitable." he continues. "we have to tear this place apart. He has to be lying." Rhodey rush us to find before Nebula interrupt.

"my father is many things. A liar is not one of them." she said and without a blink, Thor cuts his head off without mercy. "What....what did you do?" Rocket ask him in shock. "I went for the head." he said blankly before walk away. I stand with Steve's help and make my way to Nebula.

"Let's go home. We had a long day." I held out my hand and she reach it weakly. The whole ride went silent as no ones dare to start a conversation. I bring Nebula to my room as we land. I clean her up and fix some parts that are broken. I give her my shirt and a pair of sweats. "get change. I'll be next door if you need anything." I walk out from the room and stopped as she calls me. "Thank you y/n." I give her a warm smile before close the door.

I didn't realise I step in Pietro's room as my nose catch a familiar smell. I grab a towel and take a long warm shower. I put on his hoodie and baggy shorts. "Guess I'll be staying in your room P. Hope you didn't mind." I let out a small chuckle. I drift off to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

A week later....
This is me praying that
This was the very first page
Not where the story line ends
My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you again

These are the words I held back, as I was leaving too soon
I was enchanted to meet you
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

I put my headphones down on the table after almost three hours locking myself in here. Yes, this is me for the past week. I shut out everyone including mom and dad. I only out of the room when I'm hungry or training.

I sigh heavily and get up leaving the room and decide to make lunch for myself. It's 3.30pm. Still consider lunch, right?

I make my way to the kitchen and planning to cook noodle soup. I take out the pot and boil some water with noodles in it. Then, I chopped the ingredients for the soup. "late lunch kid?" Steve greets with a warm voice.

"Want some?" he nods eagerly as I ask. As the soup done, I tossed the noodle and put some in two bowls. I pass one of it to him. His eyes widen as he sip the soup. "y/n M. Stark how the hell did you know how to cook this amazing soup?" he ask while enjoying the moment.

"first of all, thanks for the compliments Cap. Secondly LANGUAGE Rogers. We don't tolerate bad words in here. YOU are the one who set the rules, not me in case you forgot." I joke and he roll his eyes at me.

Suddenly 'shut up and dance' playing and I grab the poor man's hand to dance. "you know I don't know how to dance right?" he groaned. "oh don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me, I said you're holding back, you said...." I jump and point at him. "SHUT UP AND DANCE WITH ME!" We both burst into laughter looking at each other.

"God I miss you kid

"God I miss you kid." he then pulls me into a long hug. "I miss this too, us having fun. I'm sorry Steve for yelling at you the other day. It's not your fault." I bury my face at his chest and cry. "it's okay kid, you're right by the way. I didn't know how it felt keep losing people you love while I just lost two people in my life. I'm sorry too." he rubs my back and I lift up my face with bloodshot eyes. "always know that I'm here for you kid. Same goes to Tony, Pepper and Nat. We all love you." Steve kiss my forehead and give me a warm smile.