Let Me Go

New Jersey 1970
Tony's POV
"clearly you were not born here, right?" I ask as we arrive at the military station back in 1970. We failed take the tesseract because I'm getting hit by the 2012 hulk self.

"The idea of me was." he reply. "Right, well imagine you're a SHIELD, running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organisation....Where do you hide it?" I ask curiously. "in plain sight." he motion me to look at one of the stand-alone building in the middle of the station. Guess what, my dad is there.

I move a little bit forward to avoid Steve being recognised by the woman in this slowy elevator. "goodluck on your mission Captain." I pat his shoulder. "goodluck on your project...doctor." he reply shakily. I then run scanning all the incubators that filled with many 'science projects'.

"Back in the game." I sigh relieved. As I put the the tesseract in, suddenly a familiar voice calling. "Arnim?" it's him. As I walk, he suddenly call me. "The door's this way, pal." he said. I pray to God hope that I'm cool enough to face him. "oh, yeah." I chuckle nervously. "I'm looking for Doctor Zola. Have you seen him?" he walk to me.

"yeah, doctor Zol...no, I haven't seen a soul." I walk to fast and hit the chair. "Pardon me." I said immediately. "Do I know you?" he ask with a weird face. "No sir, I'm a....visitor from MIT." I take off my glasses and show him my id. "Got a name?" he ask friendly. "Howard." I state after long pause. "well that'll be easy to remember." he then held his hand out for a shake. "Howard....Potts." I shake his hand.

"Well, I'm Howard Stark. You look pale pal. Wanna get some air?" I nod nervously. "so flowers and sauerkraut, you got a big date tonight?" I ask politely to start a conversation. "uhh...my wife's expecting...and too much time in the office." He hand me the flowers to hold as I congratulate him.

"How far along is she?" I ask as this will the year I was born to be exact. "I don't know. Uh...she's at the point where she can't stand the sound of my chewing. I guess I'll be eating dinner at the pantry again." he said with a defeat tone. "I have two girls. My eldest...she's had my anger issues while my youngest, the cutest. The little trouble." we both then chuckle.

"girls would be nice. Less of a chance she'd turn out exact like me." he sigh heavily. "what'd be so awful about that?" I look at him with a curious face. "let's just say that the greater good has rarely outweighed....my own self interests." he then tap my shoulder.

"you got any names for them?" I ask. "well, if it's a boy, my wife likes Almanzo." he reply happily. "ah...might wanna let that stew while you got time." I say playfully. "let me ask you a question." my face turn drain thinking what he want to ask. "When your kids were born, were you nervous?" I look at him with a soft smile.

"wildly, yeah. The moment our eyes met, I swear I would tear the world for them." it remind me of how y/n would fight for the ones she love. "do you feel qualified? Like you had any idea how to successfully operate that thing?" he rambles. "I literally pieced it together as I went along, I thought about what my dad did and..." I saw Steve on the other side.

"my old man never met a problem he couldn't solve with a belt." I look at him in the eyes and let a sigh. "I thought my dad was tough on me and now, looking back...I just remember the good stuff. He did drop the odd pearl." I smile softly. "yeah, like what?" he ask. "no amount of money ever buy a second of time." he nod agreeing and we both hug each other. "Thank you for everything...you've done for this country." I then leave with a wide smile on my face.

Vormir 2014
Clint's POV
"Welcome." we both tun with our weapons aiming. "Natasha, daughter of Ivan. Clint, son of Edith." a floating man said and I lock my eyes with Nat. "who are you?" she ask as we march forward. "Consider me a guide. To you, to all who seek the Soul Stone." he reply. "okay...you tell us where it is, then we'll be on our way." she said sarcastically.

"ohh....if only it were that easy." he then bring us to the edge of the place. "what you seek lies in front of you...as does what you fear." he explain. "The stone's down there." she told me. "for one of you, for the other...in order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love....An everlasting exchange. A soul, for a soul." he added.

"How's it going?" I chuckle. "Maybe he's making this sh*t up." I tell her. "No, I don't think so." she reply coldly. "Why? Cause he knows your daddy's name?" I teasing her. "I didn't....Thanos left here with the stone without his daughter. It's not a coincidence." I look at her sadly. "yeah..." I sigh heavily.

"Whatever it takes." Nat said sadly. "Whatever it takes." I stare blankly. "if we don't get that stone, billions of people stay dead." she immediately stood up and walk to me. "yeah...then I guess we both know who it's gotta be." I said without looking at her. "I guess we do." I then take her hand in mine and squeeze it.

"I started to think we mean different people here, Natasha." I grin at her. "Last five years, I've been trying to do one thing. Get to right here. That's all it's been about bringing everybody back." she said softly. "ohh..don't you get all decent on me now." I scoff. "what, do you think I wanna do it? I'm trying to save your life, you idiot." she argued.

"yeah well, I don't want you to, because I...Natasha, you know what I've done. You know what I've become." I told her sadly. "I don't judge people on their worst mistakes." she cuts me off. "well you did...on y/n. If you do this, you will have no chance to fix this with her." I try to persuade her. "well, she hates me now and waiting for Yelena. If you did this, Lila will kill me you know that right?" she smirking. "you're pain in my ass, you know that?" we then lean for a forehead touch.

 "you're pain in my ass, you know that?" we then lean for a forehead touch

"okay....you win." I said as we pull out. "Tell my family I love them." I said as I tackle her leg. "you tell them yourself." she pull me down and shot me with her widow bites. I pull the sting thing off and shoot her with one of my explosive arrow. I then look at her smile sadly and run to the cliff. As I was jumping, I was being pulled by a rope and I managed to catch her hand.

"YOU STUPID YOU KNOW WHAT?!"
"WELL SAME TO YOU IDIOT! WHAT THE HELL??!!!"
"I WON'T LET YOU GO!"
"WELL YOU SHOULD!!"
"YOU HAVE SISTERS!"
"WELL YOU HAVE A FAMILY BARTON!"

"A family...a family is forever...you could never truly leave each other if you tried..." she said with tears filled her eyes. "Let me go...." she pleading. "NO! I WON'T. YOUR SISTERS WILL KILL ME! Y/N WILL KILL ME! DON'T YOU DARE ROMANOFF!" I yell crying at her. "it's okay..." she smile. "please...n-" without a doubt, she kick the wall and looses my grip. "NO!!!!!" I yell and suddenly all black.