Scott

Natasha's POV
"yeah, we boarded that highly suspect warship Danvers pinged." Rocket state. "it was an infectious garbage scale." Nebula interjects. "so thanks for the hot tip." the racoon argue. "well, you were closer." Carol shot him a dagger. Three of them keep on arguing until I decide to pull them off.

"you get a reading on those tremors?" I ask. "it was a mild subduction under the African plate." Okoye reply. "Do we have a visual? How are we handling it?" I ask her. "Nat, it's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it by not handling it." she explain. "Carol, are we seeing you here next month?" I turn to the short blonde.

"Not likely." she replied. "what, you're gonna get a new haircut?" Rocket ask jokingly. "Listen fur-face, I'm covering a lot of territory. The things that are happening on earth are happening everywhere, on thousands of planets." Carol explain with a serious tone. The racoon agreed at last with no arguments.

"so you might not see me for a long time. I told her as well Nat. She knows." I smile weakly knowing who she refers to. y/n still in touch with the others especially Carol and Nebula about what's happening in space but not with me. "Alright uh...well,this chanel always active. So, anything goes sideways....anyone's making trouble where they shouldn't....comes through me." all of them agreed and end the call except Rhodey.

"Where are you?" I ask once I notice he was still there. "Mexico. The federales found a room with full of bodies. Looks like a bunch of cartel guys. Never ever had the chance to take their guns." he explained. "it's probably a rival gang..." I trails off. "except it isn't. It's definitely Barton. What he's done here, what he's been doing for the last few years. I mean the scene that he left....I gotta tell you, there's a part of me that doesn't even want to find him. I did this because of you.....and y/n. She's been looking for him years now." I stay silent fighting over myself thinking this is my fault.

"will you find out where he's going next?" I grab my peanut butter sandwich looking at him with tears. "Nat...." he said sadly. "please." he sigh heavily and agreed before ended the call. I let my tears fall as soon as he ends it. I hate myself forcing him to this. I couldn't help myself if Barton is somewhere out there drowning himself. I made y/n did that and Lizzie help her. I never forgive myself for what I've done.

"you know I'd offer to cook you dinner but you seem pretty miserable already." I chuckle lightly at his jokes. "you here to do your laundry?" I ask him with a soft smile. "and to see a friend." he replied. "clearly your friend is fine." I give him my fine look. "you know if you're about to tell me to look on the bright side. Um...I'm about to hit you in the head with a peanut butter sandwich Rogers." he then walk closer to me and take a sit. "sorry. Force of habit." he chuckle nervously.

"you know I keep telling everybody they should move on, grow? Some do. But not us." he said sadly. "she did. Lot of new songs, movies, photoshoots and even launch a book. Pretty great life there." I chuckle dryly. "if I move on, who does this?" I state sadly. "Maybe it doesn't need being done. How you know she move on? That's how she cope with it Romanoff." I stare at him blankly.

"I used to have nothing...and then I got this. This job....This family." I look down fidgeting with my hands. "and I was....I was better because of it. Especially when I met y/n...and even though they're gone...now I'm still trying to be better. I hurt a lot of people." I wipe the tears that starts to fall off. "I think we both need to get a life." Steve state. "you first." I force a smile. "I'm waiting for you." we both then burst into laughter. Suddenly an alert from the front door appears and it shows an old friend.

"is this an old message?" Steve ask in shock. "it's the front gate." we both lock eyes in disbelief. We then let him in.

Steve's POV
"Scott. Are you okay?" I ask him worried as he pacing around for nearly 10 minutes now. "yeah....have either of you guys ever studied quantum physics?" he ask randomly and I'm clueless to his question.

"Only mid-conversation." Nat reply. "Alright so...five years ago, right before...Thanos, I was in a place called quantum realm. The quantum realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be super small. Hope, she...she was my...she was supposed to pull me out...and then Thanos happened. I got stuck in there." he explained.

"sorry. That must've been a very long five years-" Nat is about to say but he cuts off. "yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours." I look at him in disbelief on what I just heard. "see, the rules of the quantum realm aren't like they're appeared. Everything is unpredictable-is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving." he runs up to the table to grab it.

"Scott. What are you talking about?" I ask him confused. "so...what I'm saying is...time works differently in the quantum realm. The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if we could somehow control the chaos and we could navigate it? What if there was a way to enter the quantum realm at a certain point in time but then exit the quantum realm at another point of time? Like....like before Thanos." he look at both of us.

"wait, are you talking about a time machine?" I ask him to confirm my suspicious. "No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. It's more like a...yeah, like a time machine. I know it's crazy. It's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be...some...wa...it's crazy." Scott rambles before Nat add. "Scott...I got emails from a racoon. So, nothing sounds crazy anymore." she said.

"so, who do we talk to about this?" he ask both of us.