Chapter 10

Tatiana|Tati

Baton Rouge

I finally was back at my dorm. As I was about to leave to get some breakfast, I saw two letters underneath the door.

When the hell did this shit get here

I grabbed it and it had me and Jayda's gov on it. I opened it and screamed so fucking loud.

"JAYDA" I screamed as I shook her woke.

"Bruh," she said with one eye opened.

"We fucking got it. We got our doctoral degree and our cosmetology license" I said excitedly.

"Wait for fr," she said looking confused still with one eye open.

"Yes Im for real and open ya other eye," I said as she finally opened that muhfucka.

"Bitch yesss, but we only got like a 30-day move-out wait right?" she asked me.

"Yea, but it's okay because I got the apartment already. Girl Im about to call ba- urm I meant Dez" I said.

I took my phone out and FaceTimed Dez.

Dez♥

Connecting.....

"Look," I said as I held my license and degree.

"that's yours," he asked confusingly.

"Yes, Ima be out of here in 30 days" I squealed.

"Im happy for you mamas and me and Shaun got our degrees and licenses as well," he said as he flipped the camera around and showed me both things.

"Omgg bruh," I said as my eyes watered.

"Li ma doesn't be crying, you know Ion like dat shit," he said sounding like he cared.

"Im just so happy, I never would've thought I could actually get my own muhfuckin license and degree yo," I said as a tear fell down my eye.

"Come by later on," he said.

"I will be safe big head," I said into the camera making a kissy face.

"You know I will, you be safe too li one," he said as he gave a kiss back.

I hung up and I and Jayda both got dressed to head to my mom's crib to spread the good news.

"Momma it's me open up," I said while banging on the door.

"Girl dont be banging on my door like that be thinking the police at my shit," she said.

"Mom guess the fu- I mean guess what?" I said as I corrected myself.

"Betta watch ya mouth li girl but what baby," she said as we walked inside the house.

"Me and Jayda got our license and degree," I said.

"Oh baby Im so proud of yall" she said as she gave me and Jayda something.

"Mom what's this" Jayda asked.

"It's some money in there, it won't be a lot but I want yall to save this money for good luck," she said.

"Okay, momma I love you and we finna head out," I said.