Sparkles and shine

DAVE MUSTAINE

Nick could only look on in silent exasperation as he watched Dave drag a stool over to the front door to sit on, leaning the side of his face against the door with his ear pressed firmly against the wood with a look of pure concentration on his face

Nick could only look on in silent exasperation as he watched Dave drag a stool over to the front door to sit on, leaning the side of his face against the door with his ear pressed firmly against the wood with a look of pure concentration on his face . Shushing him under his breath as he tried to listen to the arguing couple in the hallway .

"I thought you didn't like Silver ." Nick recalled in absolute disbelief .

Having been one of his unlucky friends who had been subjected to Dave's constant ranting and muttering about how much he disliked his new neighbour . A woman who , in his own words , was a insufferable beauty queen who couldn't tell a rear view mirror from a compact one .

In fact , Dave talked about her so much that Nick was certain that he could name which brand of heels she wore , how she curled her hair and why. It had been a non stop charade of Dave going on and on about how much of a nuisance silver Valentine was , that the only thing she cared about was her pretty face and not much else .

Nick thought that for someone who apparently couldn't stand the woman, he sure liked to talk about how pretty she was . Backhanded compliments that Dave would deny ever saying , it was ridiculous.

And now Nick had to sit back, after being invited over for a drink with his buddy , and watch Dave snoop like a crazy stalker on the woman he totally didn't like . Fantastic .

Dave frowned at him "I don't. I don't like her ." He muttered squinting his eyes as he pressed his ear harder to the door to listen into what was being said.

Nick raised a brow of disbelief "so why the hell are you eavesdropping on her then?" He asked him with a grin , taking a swig of his beer to stop himself laughing at the ridiculousness of it all.

Dave paused for a moment , side eyeing his smirking friend before simply shrugging his shoulders with a sigh "because somethings off about Romeo . There's just something about that asshole that puts me on edge . He called her heels tacky." He told him seriously as though that was something way out of line.