rock n roll doll

nirvhannahcornell

                                                            CHRIS CORNELL

Chris looked up from the notebook he was writing in as the bell that signalled someone had entered the small record shop went off.

pushing his long hair out of his face he felt his eyes widen at the sight of the girl that had just walked in .

dressed in a oversized leather jacket and baggy jeans , her bright blonde hair stood out among the dark shop and he could even see the blood red lipstick she was wearing from across the room .

Jesus Christ , she looked like something straight out of a rock magazine . who the hell was this?

all the other girls in this town were just plain awful and boring , mostly long brown hair and girly dresses that gave him a headache.

but this girl ... it was clear she wasn't here , there was no way he would have missed someone like that . no fucking way .

he raised an eyebrow as he watched her walk over the to metal section , starting to flick through the records not even noticing him .

deciding to take his chance  he carefully got off his seat and made his way around the till , running a hand through his hair nervously as he approached her.

taking in a deep breath , he shrugged his shoulders back and gathered all the confidence he had in him before clearing his throat .

"you need any help?" he asked her , mentally cringing as his voice cracked .

cherrie spun around at the sound of the deep voice , startled out of her peaceful headspace she had put herself in .

she looked up at the tall man in surprise before smiling gently at him , taking note of his long curly hair and angel like eyes.

'wow' she thought to herself impressed ' do all the guys in this town look like this ? cause if so she would have moved sooner.

"I'm okay , just looking." she told him with a smile before going back to looking through the Metallica and black Sabbath records in her hands.

Chris's face fell as she turned back around , deciding to go with a different conversation starter to get her attention .

"so you like it hard and heavy huh?" he blurted out making her eyes widen in shock before bursting out into giggles.

his face flushed as he quickly tried to corrects himself

" I mean the music! you like the hard and heavy music." he rushed out mortified fighting the urge to groan loudly in embarrassment.