love is a beautiful thing

EDDIE VEDDER

Eddie furrowed his brows as he paused by his door that morning watching as the young girl cursed loudly in frustration ,

scowling at the lock as she struggled to put the key in , his gaze following down to her hands that were shaking badly .

concern filling him as he watched her for a moment longer , glancing behind him to where he had placed him surf board before looking back at her .

not knowing whether he should help her or not , but she looked like she needed it and he couldn't just continue to watch her struggle like this . that wouldn't be right . 

so clearing his throat gently as if not to scare her he took a step away from his own door , alerting her of his presence . 

her head snapping over to him startled , her eyes widening not having realised that someone was even there .

too deep in her own thoughts and negativity to see around her , all she could feel was the brewing anger and frustration in her chest .

wondering to herself why the fuck she had even come here . 

it hadn't even been ten minutes and she was already so close to just giving up and going back home , but the smell of the salty air and sun was enough to keep her in her tracks . 

she was so tired to the same old thing , this was her last chance at becoming clean .

and she knew that if this didn't work then she would be left to rot to bones and ashes , she was half the girl she used to be . 

the fact that she was even able to stand right now without falling over was magic in its self . 

looking over at the man who offered her a small smile she let her eyes roam over his aging features slowly , taking in the ocean deep eyes that were set on her . 

a wave of embarrassment hitting her as she realised that he had seen her struggle to even open the door , her hands too shaky to even do that .

a side effect of the drugs she supposed , and she could only hope that it wouldn't last forever .

"erm do you want some help?" he offered to her kindly , running a hand through his soft curly hair as he took a step closer to her . 

abandoning his pervious plans , the waves could wait .

amber shook her head and let out a small laugh , looking back down to the keys in her trembling hand before sighing in defeat .

she knew that if she didn't want to be stuck out here all day , she would have to accept his help however humiliating it would be .