please don't marry him

EDDIE VEDDER

Eddie tried to blink away the tears in  his eyes as he leant against the doorframe watching as Janie put on her veil.

Sarah was the first one to notice him as she stepped away from her friend , sending eddie a sympathetic smile knowing how hard this must be for him .

it was no secret to anyone that he was in love with Janie , and now she was getting married all because he had ruined his chance.

he had been In love with Janie for a long time , having met her when he first moved to Seattle

she was his first neighbour there.

he remembered being awe struck and too afraid to even approach her and the only way the two had got talking was because of stone.

his friend had seen the look on eddies face and introduced them having already known Janie for a while , she was a regular in the bars they played at , her band sometimes playing along with his.

they had began dating only a few months later , both infatuated with each other and in love .

but nothing good lasted forever and the dreaded day came when Eddie had to leave for a long tour with pearl jam and the distance had gotten into his head.

he couldn't handle being away from her , the phone calls growing less and less and the thought of her resenting him each time he forgot to call hit hard.

so he did what he thought was best and ended things between them , the worst mistake of his life

somewhere deep inside of him he had always assumed that once he would return from tour , he would turn up to janies and they would make up .

that they would be together forever . he was naïve in believing that she would take him back , he had been the one to let her go .

he still remembered how she had cried when he told her he wanted to take a break , that he couldn't do it anymore.

she had never looked more hurt and disappointed in her life , he was supposed to be her always.

so eddie spent the next six months moping around all across the world , getting drunk and doing nothing but feel sorry for himself.

he had tried to call her over and over again to tell her he made a mistake and that he didn't want to end things , that he was just scared and taking the easy way out.

but she never answered and all of his calls went to voicemail .

things had been tense between him and stone for a while , with stone being close friends with Janie he had looked at eddie with equal disappointment.