I win, you lose

DAVE MUSTAINE

Dave subtly rolled his eyes to himself as he took a sip from his glass of wine watching Roxy pace the room with the phone in her hand . 

she had been arguing with her boyfriend for the last half an hour now and all he wanted to do was yank the phone from her hands and tell Daniel to take the long rubber stick from his ass and choke on it .

he couldn't stand the guy and he honestly had no idea what Roxy even saw in him , he was a major A class douche... and that was coming from him!

and being the supportive friend he was he had to be the one to sit there and listen to her sad ramblings and cries over a man that didn't even deserve a second glance from her pretty eyes .

he never took her on dates , he never told her how beautiful she was just because he could , he never even made any effort to make her feel loved or cared for . hell the sucker had even missed her birthday !

so instead of the romantic dinner that he had told her he had planned for them , dave had came to the rescue instead and they had both stayed at his place and had a movie night . eating cake and getting drunk just the way it should have been .

he shook his head as Roxy looked over at him , sharing a exasperated glance that told him all he needed to know . 

she was just as sick of Daniel as he was , so why wasn't she slamming the phone down and telling him to go fuck himself ? he was at loss.

"Daniel ... listen I'm not gonna do this with you again . did you just call me to argue ?" she snapped annoyed rubbing her head stressfully , looking over to the movie that had been paused with a frown .

all she wanted to do was enjoy her relaxing night in with day , drink her wine and fall asleep to the goonies but of course someone had to ruin it . 

she wanted to scream .

he watched her continue to argue with him for another few minutes before sighing in relief as she finally put down the phone , turning to him tiredly . 

her eyes welling with tears as she walked over to him on the couch , kneeling down by his feet and laying her head gently on his lap just like she always did when she was sad . 

"I cant fucking stand him . I swear he lives just to make me miserable." she mumbled with a sniffle closing her eyes and hugging his leg in her arms as she tried to control her tears that wanted to pour down her face.

dave sighed softly and ran his fingers through her hair , putting his glass to the side as he looked down at the sad girl on his lap.

twirling one of her curls gently around his finger before speaking

"then get rid of him . he's nothing but an asshole , why are you even with him?" he asked her confused and more than annoyed . 

he hated seeing the toxic cycle every time he came over . they would have fun and she would be happy for a few hours before Daniel would intervene and ruin it all and the pretty smile would drop from her face almost like it was never there .

she exhaled shakily , turning her head and pressing her cheek against his knee still refusing to open her eyes , feeling stupid for how over emotional she always was . 

she was sure that dave had better things to do than sit here and watch her cry .

"because I don't want to be alone." she admitted quietly , ashamed practically feeling the incredulous look he was giving her . 

a small scoff escaping his lips as he looked down at her offended

"and what am I ? just an extra in your little movie? you're not gonna be alone and you know just as well as I do that you're better off without him . he's a fucking disease Rox ! " he said in disgust ,

his face twisting at the mere thought of the guy that had somehow gotten so lucky to call Roxy her own .

his finger stroking down her cheek gently , urging her to open her eyes . 

feeling a soft smile tugging at his lips as those ocean melts met his own , swirls of blue , grey and green captivating him every time . 

"you know what? if you don't break it off with him then i will . and i won't be nice about it either." he warned her seriously already eyeing the bat she kept in the corner of the room .

a small giggle tumbled from her lips as she looked up at him in amusment , knowing that he was being honest too . 

he would do anything for her as long as she was happy . that was all he cared about and this little dick of a boyfriend of hers wasn't making her happy . 

he needed to go . he would make his little roxy happy if only she would let him. he would give her the whole wide world if she just asked . 

huffing at him playfully  , rolling her eyes .

"fine , fine . i'll do it tommorrow but you need to take me out for ice cream after." she warned him , pointing her finger at him with a grin .

squealing girlishly as he bit the tip of her finger gently , smirking wildly as she pulled her hand away with a blush .

giggling to herself like a little girl . he always had this effect on her and she cursed the butterflies in her belly for even getting her into this mess to begin with.

he always knew what to do to bring her out of her misery .

he was her sunshine , which so many others found hard to believe but it was true . 

he had always been there for her and he always would be . they knew each other like the back of there hands so there was no need for any fakeness or lies . 

so that brought him to his  recent thoughts , finding them tumbling from his lips before he could even have the chance to filter them .

he never could keep things away from roxy and he didn't want to either. she was the only person he could be 100% open and honest too .

she was his soulmate , he was convinced of it.

so with a teasing smile he tugged gently at her hair and spoke.

"you've got yourself a deal little lady but it's a date . a real one . then we're gonna go see a movie or something after and I'm gonna show you what it's like to be with a real man ." he told her bluntly , taking pleasure in the wide eyed look she gave him .

her cheeks flushing rosy as she shyly nodded her head and averted her gaze back to the tv, feeling his fingers run back through her hair as though to soothe her and calm any sudden nerves.

a content sigh leaving her lips

"okay but you better get me the biggest popcorn bucket there is dave . and some chocolate too." she mumbled cuddling into him without a second thought .

missing the large satisfied grin that took over his face as he looked down at her , fighting the urge to fistbump the air like an idiot . 

he couldn't wait till they were married and he could invite that little asshole to there wedding and rub his face in it . 

dave-1- daniel-0