never easy

STEPHEN PEARCY

Roxy huffed as she followed her friend , Michelle , into there usual bar more than ready to go back home already . 

it wasn't that she didn't like to go out and have fun because she did , most days would end up with her waking up in some strangers bathtub with no memory of the previous night.

but she was sure that if she kept going her liver was going to climb up her throat and wrap around her neck and kill her. 

but nevertheless her friend was stubborn and had managed to drag her out of her 'batcave ' 

or at least that was what michelle liked to call her tiny one bedroomed apartment because well , the walls were painted black and the whole thing hardly ever saw the light of day .

unlike her preppy friend , roxy didn't wear tight girly dresses or heels that she would inevitably break her ankles in .

and she wasn't sociable and friendly . the two friends were compelte opposites of each other.

michelle with her shiny blonde hair and baby blue eyes dressed in the pinkest dress she owned , alongside some glittery heels.

where as roxy looked ready to break someones neck if they even looked at her wrongly , with her choppy jet black hair and icy grey eyes , her lips painted a dangerous red.

dressed in her favourite leather studded shorts , a ripped up tank top and her trusty black combat boots that could kick some ass if someone pissed her off 

they looked like the night and day stood next to eachother but somehow it worked.

"I had a whole bottle of vodka to finish at home , I don't see why you feel the need to drag me out again michelle" she complained annoyed as she followed her to the bar , looking around the packed place with a sigh.

she just wanted to go home and sleep , was that too much to ask for?

Michelle only looked at her disapprovingly

" you've been cooped up inside your batcave for the past week rox! I thought you were dead." she said seriously , having always been the over thinker of the two .

she felt like she had to permanently look out for her moody friend who always found herself into some trouble , one way or another.

Roxy just rolled her eyes as she ordered herself a beer

"as if I could get that lucky." she muttered before sitting herself down on the stool.

michelle ingored her friends morbid humour , already used to her behaviour by now.