once and for all

A/N I'VE JUST PUBLISHED A EDDIE VEDDER FIC CALLED ' LIVE THROUGH THIS ' SO CHECK THAT OUT TOO <33

                                                   DAVE MUSTAINE

Lana looked up from the book she was reading , her eyes red and puffy.

the eyes of her best friend stared back at her sympathetically , zeroing in on the boxes of polaroid's and memories she had out in front of her . practically torturing herself.

Dave sighed as he slowly walked over to her , his hands clutching onto a box of reduced chocolates he had gotten at the store.

"have you been out of your room at all today honey?" he asked concerned as he sat on the edge of her bed , looking over at her large anthrax sweatshirt she was wearing.

correction , his large sweatshirt she was wearing . knowing that was the jumper she only wore when she was sad or on her period .

lana shook her head, eyeing the chocolates in his hand like a child.

sniffling loudly she looked at him hopefully

"are those for me?" she asked quietly with a small smile tugging at her lips.

dave smirked slightly before nodding , passing her the heart shaped box

"yeah." he confirmed amused as he watched her throw the lid off and immediately shove two in her mouth

" they were on sale." he added with a casual shrug .

it was quiet for a  moment as lana picked out all of her favourite chocolates , leaving the caramel ones for dave since she knew those were his favourites.

dave couldn't stop his eyes from going to the small box of photographs , gently pulling it towards him .

"I don't know what you ever saw in him." he couldn't help but mutter as he picked up a photo of Jacob and lana wearing matching jerseys , large beams on there face.

he had never liked the guy , he knew there was something off about him front the moment lana had introduced him .

he was tall , blonde and wore a Rolex . dave fucking hated him .

he hated the way he took lana for granted , always nit-picking on her about what she was wearing and how she behaved.

plus the guy listened to Justin Timberlake , he was a grade a fucking douchebag that somehow had gotten lana to go out with him .

lana shrugged in response , thinking the same thing

"I have no idea." she said with a sigh

"I was just lonely and everyone around me was getting a boyfriend and I felt left out." she admitted to him ashamed.