what could go wrong?

DAVE MUSTAINE

dave sat on the uncomfortable couch , feeling equally uncomfortable at the questions being thrown at him by the middle aged journalist .

the only reason he had agreed to do this interview was because his manager had forced him to ,

claiming that he needed to show to the world that he was in fact still breathing and alive.

well , barely but he didn't need to know that.

"so dave." the man , jay , said with a quirk of the eyebrow as he peered down at the paper in his hands

"there has been a lot of speculation about you and Casey lee in the press lately."

taking a deep breath dave nodded as he tried to ignore the twinge his heart gave at the sound of her name

"so I've heard." he muttered back blankly.

"you two dated for a good six months am I right?" jay said with a smug grin .

"yes , six months and two weeks." he told him with a small smile , his mind racing with thoughts of casey .

none of them very good.

"a lot of people were shocked when you two broke up ." jay said looking over at the man 

"casey has actually been very vocal about the breakup whenever asked about it , yet you have never spoken a word of it . may I ask why?" he questioned curiously .

nodding dave cleared his throat

" well it hurt ya know? I didn't really want to talk about her at the time , we were both very angry at each other and I didn't want to say anything else I would regret." he told him honestly .

nodding in understanding jay continued on the subject

" what exactly happened to cause you two split? there has been rumours of cheating on both ends ." he quirked an eyebrow judgmentally "is this true?"

dave laughed humourlessly as he shook his head

" it isn't . she was never unfaithful to me and I was never unfaithful to her . the whole thing was actually a big misunderstanding." he told him .

scratching at his chin thoughtfully,  he cringed to himself as he remembered how it had all ended , he supposed it was both there faults in the end.

"what happened?"

"like I said , miscommunication." he sighed casting his eyes away

"we were both pissed off our heads and she saw me with some girl and assumed the worst ." he scoffed still hurt over it.