of what was everything

EDDIE VEDDER

a year and six weeks ago

Eddie looked over to angel with glossy eyes , his heart dropping to his stomach as her words registered into his mind , sending him into panic.

angel stared back at him sadly , but she knew this was for the best . 

"you- you want to break up?" he stammered trying to not breakdown and cry ,

this couldn't be happening . this had to be some twisted nightmare.

he had come home from a long day at the studio wanting nothing more to cuddle up with his girlfriend , but it seems angel had something else in her mind.

"it's not that I want to break up eddie." she sighed struggling to go through with it

"but i'm leaving for a nine month tour , we won't see each other and the times zones will never connect."

she pushed her messy hair away from her face , not being able to look him in the eyes as she spoke . she don't want this anymore than he did

"I don't want our love to burn out like that ." she told him truthfully .

they were used to being with each other everyday , they were unhealthily attached to the hip and she knew how much it would hurt being away from him ,

but she didn't want him to grow to resent her the longer she was away .

eddie sniffled as he wrapped his arms around himself silently , her face burning a picture into his memories .

"we can make it work angel." he tried to change her mind desperately ,

he needed her . his world revolved around her own , how was he supposed to just let her go ? he couldn't .

they were supposed to spend the rest of there life together , she had promised him she would always be there.

why did it feel like she was giving up on him ? did she not love him anymore?

"eddie." she whispered brokenly shaking her head "you know it won't , I don't want that for us ."

he scoffed loudly , his heart squeezing a hole into his chest 

"what about me?" he cried out loudly as he looked at the woman he loved

" what about what I want?" he said breathing heavily.

"please don't make this any harder than it is." she mumbled wiping away the tears from her face reminding herself that this had to be done.

eddie let out a humourless laugh