love , hate , love

-ESTRANGED

                                                                 LAYNE STALEY

layne frowned to himself as he watched Izzy laugh loudly at something the tall , tanned blonde said to her , leaning down closer to her ear as she placed her hand on his arm with her usual flirtatious smile.

feeling his hand clench around the beer he was holding , his stomach twisting in knots as he glared over at them , his heart thudding angrily in his chest .

"un-fucking-believable." he hissed under his breath without realising , jumping slightly as jerry  snickered next to him . nudging his shoulder against his with a smirk .

having been watching his friend scowl over at Izzy and her boy toy of the night for the past thirty minutes , he couldn't help but find it amusing , it didn't help that Izzy had absolutely no clue on his feelings for her whatsoever . 

for such a bright girl she sure was oblivious on laynes love for her , there was no way she was going to realise it either unless he spelled it out for her .

but jerry knew that layne wasn't about to go and willingly open up his heart to her without a little push in the right direction , he was afraid to get his heart stomped on seeing as he knew just the type of girl she usually was . 

he had seen all the usual crew she hung around and it came with a bitter realisation to layne that she seemed to prefer the glamourous type of guys who wore all tight leather pants and teased hair , wearing the same shade lipstick that she did . 

she loved pretty guys and looking down at his ripped up jeans and messy hair , deep bags underneath his eyes from the lack of sleep he was getting on the tour bus , he knew he didn't fit that criteria she usually went for . 

it was a hard pill to swallow because no matter how much he tried to let go of these feelings for her , and tried to move on , he just couldn't .

his heart still raced whenever she flashed him her pretty smile , and he still loved her . even watching her with people who weren't him .

her band and his had been touring for the summer together and the two had become more than close , izzy was funny , loud and obnoxious but he knew that she had a heart of gold below her tough exterior .

you just had to be patient enough to see what was inside .

her band 'junkhead' had been named after one of his songs and to say he was flattered would be an understatement ,

she had admitted to him without any shame that she had been a fan of his band for a while now and that she felt like she had finally found a  voice she could relate to , the two were more similar than he could have ever guessed .