sweet as pie

AXL ROSE

axl leaned against his kitchen counter with his phone tucked against his ear as he rang back his friend , billy , who had phoned him earlier in the day but he had missed it .

at thirty four axl was living life peacefully no longer touring around the world in the worlds most dangerous band .

throughout the time of the band breaking up he had lost a lot of people who he thought were friends , yet the older he got the more he realised that it was quality over quantity that mattered the most .

he didn't need a thousand 'friends' who wouldn't give a shit if he died tomorrow , he only had a select few in his circle and that was all he needed and billy was one of them .

axl had known billy lee for over ten years now and there friendship was still going strong , billy being a famous music engineer he had helped put together more tracks for gun n roses than he could count.

he was his best friend .

"axl!" billy exclaimed in relief down the phone as he picked up .

"hey sorry billy , I was out earlier but I'm here now , what can I do for ya?" he asked with a smile as he drummed his fingers against the counter.

"its angel axl." billy breathed out upset " she's not answering my calls and I'm worried man."

axl frowned at the familiar name , angel lee being billys sister .

the last time he had seen her she was sixteen with bright blue hair matching her crystal coloured eyes and that had to have been what? five years ago .

"I just - she's not been in a good place lately and without me being there to check in on her I don't know what's she's doing and-" billy started to ramble growing more worried the more he thought about It.

"calm down man ." axl told him frowning

" maybe she's just busy billy , didn't you say that she had a baby not too long ago?" he asked remembering how angry he had gotten when his sister told him she was pregnant .

"that was three years ago axl." he told him annoyed " I just don't want to come home to find my sister dead alone at her home ." he voice his worries honestly.

axl couldn't stop his heart from dropping to his stomach , the thought of the happy young girl he had met years ago dying made him feel sick .

had things really gotten that bad?

"I know it's a lot to ask but can you check in on her for me please?" billy pleaded as he ran his hand over his face exhausted

"you know I would fly out back there but carly is due any day now and I don't want to leave her."