mirror image: part 2

PART TWO - EDDIE VEDDER

TWO MONTHS LATER

Eddie laughed loudly as harper bounded over to him , her arms in the air as she jumped into his arms.

"eddie!" she squealed happily , squeezing her arms around his neck as he held her close.

"harper!" he squealed jokingly with a chuckle before spinning them around in circles , his heart warming at the sound of her girlish giggles.

he stopped after a minute not wanting her to get sick and pulled away enough to look down at her , shifting her so she was sat on his hip.

"where's your mommy?" he questioned curiously as he walked further into her home , seeing no signs of the woman he was in love with .

harper tilted her head before tapping her finger to her chin 

"I think Santa is telling her off." she told him in a hushed whisper , a serious look on her face as she stared up at him .

Eddie tried to stifle his laugh , his eyebrow raising as he looked down at her

"really?" he said tucking her messy blonde hair behind her ear affectionately "and why is that?"

she let out a big sigh and shook her head sassily "mommy said a bad word , and santa heard."

eddie hummed amused as he walked into the kitchen , seeing the plate of sandwiches on the table .

"oh dear." he said with a playful frown "do you think santas going to put her on the naughty list?" he asked her.

harper thought about it for a moment before shaking her head 

"no , mommy apologised . plus she always buys me dolls and music , she's the best mommy in the world. so she's going to get lots of presents this year!" she rambled happily clinging onto his tightly.

eddie smiled at that , his heart warming in his chest from how much the little girl obviously loved lacey .

they had a bond like no other.

"that's  good then." he muttered before setting her down on the edge of the table and grabbing the plate of sandwiches

"want one?" he asked putting the small plate in front of her , taking an exaggerated bite out of his own as she hesitated.

he hummed loudly , eyes widening dramatically

"there amazing!" he exclaimed slyly watching her reaction as she eyed the Lettice warily.