I see it now

AXL ROSE

Honey drew didn't care that her mascara was running a riot on her reddened cheeks , her fingernails dripping with blood , painful cried echoing from her chest .

she just wanted axl .

she should have never have left him for what she thought was something new , something great . 

he had told her that love didn't scream at you , didn't raise its hand but she had chosen to ignore him . how stupid of her to do so 

he was her best friend , she should have never have left him .

even when she was wrong and being stupid he stayed , matty never did .

her eyes were wide open now , axl was right . he always was.

honey wasn't surprised that her night had ended the way it had , it was just another night to her but this time she had enough , she couldn't take it , she couldn't make it any further with the man she thought she loved.

matty wasn't all she thought was , or half of who she painted him out to be . 

but she was infatuated with him , or was and now the spell of short lived love had worn off leaving another mark on her cheek and a dent on her bed post .

she was a fuck up , a twisted fuck up who loved the pain .

she wasn't sure why she always ran back for more , perhaps it was just to feel something .

perhaps it was because everyone always said they looked good together .

they weren't good together , she could see that now . 

she wasn't naive , and she wasn't stupid , she was well aware of everything they had done . all the fights , they each started , all the accusations they each said .

she wasn't dumb nor blind , so why did she keep doing this to herself?

tired and exhausted she finally managed to stumble up to axl's door , her tears dried onto her skin and a small humourless smile on her smudged red lips .

what a beautiful fucking mess she was.

knocking loudly she tilted her head back and peered up at the stars as she waited for him to open the door , knowing that he would never turn her away .

he was a better friend than she was,  that was for sure.

axl opened the door with a scowl ready to scream at whoever it was disturbing him to fuck off , only to stop short at the sight of honey drew on his doorstep .

"honey?" he questioned confused before his eyes widened as she stepped into the light , finally seeing her properly .

he cursed loudly and grabbed her by the arm and gently pulled her into his home , closing the door behind them quickly .

"what the hell happened?" he raised his voice angrily as he eyed her bright red cheek and messy appearance , it looked like she had been dragged through hell and back .

honey laughed to herself imaging how it looked in axls eyes

" just another fight" she told him simply and that was all he needed to hear before he took her into his arms.

"you can't keep doing this." he told her upset , he couldn't stand to watch her do this to herself.

he hated that she kept going back to that motherfucker , he couldn't understand why she did it but he was certain that she didn't either .

it was the one thing she didn't have an answer for

"I know." she said knowing that if her and matty kept going the way they were they would end up killing each other ,

she could see that now the cloud of pink had popped.

sighing he grabbed her hand and lead her over to the couch and siting her down on it before kneeling on the floor in front of her .

"it wasn't love." she told him absentmindedly as she watched him rub his fingers over her bruised knuckles "never was."

"I could have told you that honey." he murmured to her with a frown wanting nothing more than to bash mattys skull in for each bruise on her pale skin.

"well it was nice while it lasted." she shrugged to herself with a deep sigh as he looked up at her with a shake of his head .

"I will never understand you ." he said honestly , he didn't think anyone ever would .

her mind was much too deep and complicated to read into .

laughing she tilted her head to the side as she pulled him to stand up before wrapping her arms around his waist , his hands finding her hair as he played with the messy strands.

"good , got to have a little bit of mystery don't I ?" she teased breathing in the scent of him , peace finally resting over her from his comfort.

just his presence brought her to ease , she would forever be eternally grateful of axl.

"no more running back to him?" he clarified as he stepped back to look down at her properly , wanting to look her in the eyes to see the truth .

he needed to know that this was it , no more late night tears and scars .

he wasn't going to let her run back to harms way again , he wanted her here with him where she was safe and loved.

"no more." she promised with a honest smile as she grabbed his outstretched hand .

he easily pulled her into him , his hand sliding down to her jaw as he let out a breath of relief ,  warmth filling his chest and stomach .

leaning down he pressed his lips to hers firmly , there bodies relaxing into each others as honeys hands wrapped around his waist to pull him closer.

pulling away slightly axls eyes fluttered open and he smiled a watery smile 

"just you and me." he whispered to her as if it were a secret .

honey laughed quietly "till the end of time rose."