out of my league

DAVE MURRAY

Dave frowned to himself as he looked at the reflection staring back at him , feeling every insecurity he had pushed away coming pushing back at full force.

he looked at his slightly bulging cheeks with a sigh before his gaze drifted down to his body , knowing that he had put on some weight over the past few months.

it made him fucking sick looking at himself , it didn't help that everyone liked to point it out too .

the trashy magazines with close up pictures of him , with degrading and hateful titles.

he was fucking human too , didn't they realise that ? it hurt , each comment on his appearance stung no matter how much he tried to hide it.

he knew he wasn't the best looking man out there , he didn't need to be reminded of it everywhere he went.

he sighed loudly , shrugging his shirt back on quickly as Roxy walked back into the room .

he smiled over at his girlfriend of over a year, in awe as he looked over at her.

she looked so beautiful with her red silk dress clung to her body like second skin , her long tan legs on display .

her curly hair was free around her shoulders, her make up dark and smoky making her grey eyes stand out even more than they usually did.

he still couldn't believe that she was his , she was way out of his league and he knew it.

"you look beautiful Roxy ." he told her honestly, feeling his cheeks flush as she grinned back at him .

he didn't think he would ever get used to how she looked at him , she still made him feel the same way she did when he first met her.

overwhelmed , in awe and in love . 

Roxy walked over to him slowly , smoothing her hand down his shirt to get rid of the creases.

"so do you honey ." she replied with a smile , wrapping her arms around his neck gently.

his eyes fell to the floor , a small frown creasing between his eyebrows knowing that wasn't true . 

she looked at him concerned as he fell silent , feeling the discontent and negative feelings coming off of him .

stroking his arm gently , she pulled way enough to lift up his chin so he would look at her .

"what's the matter baby?" she asked him quietly , brushing his hair away from his face.

dave shook his head and laughed weakly

"nothing , nothing just being silly is all" he lied looking any where but at her.

she looked at him silently for a minute knowing he wasn't being truthful and he sighed knowing she could see right through him .

"I just-" he hesitated feeling ashamed for how he was feeling before his eyes caught onto the mirror again .

"I'm just not feeling it tonight , I don't want to go to this stupid party." he muttered to her knowing how many cameras would be there.

Roxy frowned at him

"okay , we don't have to go if you don't want to ." she told him softly , putting her bag down on the arm chair.

"but can you please tell me why ? I know there's something bothering you and I cant help you if you don't tell me what's the matter." she coaxed him softly , looking into there reflection , her eyes meeting his.

her worry sky rocketing as his began to fill with tears.

"I just - why are you with me roxy? I mean look at me , you could of so much better." he whispered in disgust .

she looked at him in concern before turning him away from the mirror and wrapping her arms around his neck again .

"I'm with you because I love you." she told him simply , stroking the reddening skin on his cheek softly.

"and you're perfect to me dave , I wouldn't be with you if I wanted somebody else . I love you just the way you are." she murmured to him quietly , truth shining in her eyes.

dave sniffled to himself as he looked down at her , his façade crumbling quickly.

"i'm sorry ." he choked out ashamed not being able to stop the tears from flowing as she pulled him into her neck , holding him close.

"I'm such a fucking mess and you deserve so much better than me , I've seen the way those guys look at you . I look nothing like them ." he cried self loathingly.

Roxy frowned as she rubbed his back gently , smoothing her hands through his hair as she tried to calm him down .

"I don't care how they look at me dave." she told him firmly , not liking how he was always putting himself down .

"I want you and only you . I don't want you to look like them , I love the way you look dave , I look everything about you , from the head to the toe." she exclaimed pulling away to look at him 

cupping his face in her hands she brushed way the tears from his cheeks before pressing her lips to his cheeks softly .

lingering near his mouth

" you're prefect to me , never doubt yourself dave . you're an amazing guy and I'm very lucky to be the one you love." she whispered to him with a small smile.

he shook his head, smiling back at her in astonishment.

"you always know what to say." he mumbled sheepishly , rubbing away the tears from his eyes .

Roxy laughed gently as she pulled him closer

"just speaking the truth honey , now how about we take off all this overpriced clothing and snuggle in bed ? we can watch Monty python too." she suggested to him gently.

Dave breathed out a  chuckle before nodding his head

"yes please." he muttered contently before leaning down to press his lips to hers briefly

wondering what he did to deserve such an amazing women in his life.

"I love you Roxy." he mumbled to her as they pulled away "I love you so damn much ."

wanting nothing more than to run down to the nearest jewellers and marry her right now .

there was no one else he'd rather be with . Roxy was his angel of love and he was never going to let her go .