love box

PART ONE~

                                                            JERRY CANTRELL

Roxy giggled to herself , her eyes glossy and dazed as she swayed lightly to the music echoing around the club .

her band had decided that a night out was the perfect celebration for yet another successful performance in front of over fifty thousand people at a summer festival that hellkat , her band , were headlining.

she still couldn't believe that any of this was real , that all those fans screaming and crying her name was for her .

it was like a dream that she never wanted to end , she was on top of her game and had the world at the palm of her hand , what more could she possibly ask for?

"more vodka!" she slurred to herself laughing as she stumbled to the side in her boots , a pair of arms managing to grasp onto her before she went tumbling to the floor.

she turned her head to see the familiar long blonde hair and crystal blue eyes , a smiling lighting up her eyes as she gazed up at jerry happily.

"dude!" she exclaimed loudly with a drunken grin before wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him tightly.

hearing jerry chuckle deeply as he held her close , amusement written all over his face.

the two had only gotten acquainted over the past few months , having bumped into each other at various shows that they were both performing.

Roxy had immediately taken a liking to the older man , I mean how could she not?

she had been a fan of alice in chains for a long time and was lucky enough to get to spend time with him and pick his brain , finding that he was really fucking smart.

he had taught her about so much shit over the past few weeks that she had been ditching her usual drinking time with her band to spend with him .

her nights had been spent with jerry , him helping her with a few songs she had been struggling with and even offering to help her out in recording them .

the two had grown quite close despite there large age gap , with jerry being in his late forty's and Roxy only being nineteen .

but honestly Roxy couldn't have given two shits about what anyone thought , she never had and never would .

she liked jerry for who he was , age was just a number to her .

she had dated much older men than him too , earning her not the best reputation in the industry but so what ?

it fuelled the music and the pain, which ended up in a number one record and album that went world wide around the globe .

she was doing perfectly fine and was content in her choices , jerry being one of them .

"I think you've had enough honey ." his voice broke her out of her thoughts , tilting her head back to see him looking down at her concerned and a little amused.

Roxy pouted her lip out at him , groaning loudly as he refused to give in , tugging the bottle away from her hand and placing it on a table near them .

"killjoy." she muttered with a frown trying to pull away , only to stumble backwards as her head spun .

jerry sighed at her , shaking his head as he grabbed her arm and gently pulled her back to him , looking down at her sternly.

"that's enough.  come on , before you break your ankle or something ." he told her firmly wrapping his arm around her waist as he pulled her away from the crowd .

Roxy didn't bother to protest knowing he was right , instead chose to gaze up at him like a child looking at candy for the first time.

hugging her arm around his waist as he lead her out of the club , the cold air biting at her exposed skin , regretting wearing such a short dress.

but she looked good and the black fabric made her legs look like they ran for miles , so who was she to complain ?

"do you- " she started to say only to hiccup loudly sending her into a fit of giggles that had jerry smiling softly at her.

tilting her head back as she looked at him through her lashes

"do you think I did good today jer? did you see me? I tried my best but I don't know , what do you think ?" she rambled to him curiously as he walked her over to his car.

he laughed softly and nodded his head , putting his hand on the back of her head as he helped her into the car .

bending down so he could look at her , his eyes flittering over her smudged makeup and blood red painted lips , her hair a messy halo around her head.

she looked perfect to him , she had no idea the affect she had either , not that he would ever tell her . 

he knew that she liked him somewhat , she was always glued to his side these days ,

not that he minded of course but it did mess with his head.

she was just so young , and if jerry had been younger he would have long ago have snapped her up and probably have put a ring on her finger.

but she was nineteen and the lead singer of a very successful rock band , always touring just as he was .

he knew what happened on these tours and he wasn't oblivious to the reputation she had made for herself.

she was always plastered on the front page of some magazine with her arms wrapped around some young meathead that looked like he came from a stunt leather band .

why would she want to be with someone as old as he was?

of course he didn't question her whenever she got a little close, having learned that physical affection was her thing with everyone .

but it never failed to make him doubt everything and want to chuck all the caution signs out of the window and just kiss her pouty red lips.

she was an angel in disguise , he could never think straight whenever she was around and it made him uneasy and defensive whenever someone asked about it.

his friends questioning how close the two were , but they were friends .

there was nothing wrong with that , he was aloud to be attracted to his very young , very beautiful friend wasn't he?

fuck .

"you did amazing Roxy , you always do . although you nearly gave me a heart attack when you stage dived , the crowd were a little rowdy today weren't they ?" he decided to say instead , brushing the sweaty hair from her face .

his thumb stroking over her soft cheek gently as she peered up at him through tired glossy eyes , his heart squeezing in his chest .

she hummed lowly

"yeah , but it was fun though , I missed you." she slurred leaning her head back on the seat as she closed her eyes .

he felt his face flush and gently cleared his throat as he pulled away from her after buckling her in .

"I missed you too." he muttered quietly before closing the door and jogging around the other side of the car to drive her home.

his thoughts racing almost as fast as his heart was .